Improving Nagafen (pvp)

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by redindus, Feb 23, 2015.

1. redindus Active Member

We all have ideas on how to save Nagafen, most players been trying to avoid it. I believe the only way you going to save Nagafen is to...

1) Anonymous players, this option should be removed. It can make players confusing on which level it is.
    2) Foot speed (not sprinting) you can run all you want above normal, esp for those who have 50% more speed can be a problem catching the player. Sprint ability is perfect enough.
    3) Maxing AA is not a good idea, F2P and sub members should have 50% AA at all time.
    4) Multi-boxing or single player with multi characters is very bad idea, instead of this, just simply remove follow/assist commands on players.

Now I don't know what to say about mounted players, it seem to be wacky, they can stay on mount doing a lot of things. Crafting, trading, and many other things are silly and should be dis-mount to do those things.

If the players want to compete with other players, more likely they going to have to sub the game in order to get best skill abilities, but still there a lot of weird stuffs going on around mid to late game as well level ranges. I have tested on low level pvp with low end gears, crafted as well pvp gears. The low level range pvp is good. This game is going to be a problem to pay to win, esp for those who doesn't have subscription membership as well the latest expansion. Many players that like pvp want not to pay to win. Most of all my friends for the last ten years voted on this ideas for some time. Since they are gone now, moving on to another game or important issues in real life.

I don't know if players are able to cheat in EQ2, I been hearing rumors about it and the question is are they paying any attention to see if they are cheating or not. Cheaters aren't allowed playing on pvp or any servers. We all want to have a good time playing this game before it remove from the list for good.
  2. Pawder Active Member

You are missing one real problem. Nobody plays the game anymore. The whole game has less the 80k players. Ultima Online came out in 1996 and still has over 200k players. Players left this game because of the lack of interest by SOE. If that changes then we can talk about it.
  3. Driskell Active Member

Can I ask you a question Pawder? Why in the f.ck do you post here if you do not play the game or have any plans on coming back? Go find another game and leave us alone.
    Siren, Moonpanther and Deathpoke like this.
  4. redindus Active Member

Well give them a second chance and see what they have to say about this, I will stick around and try to enjoying it. I know they have been trying to figure a way to make Vox, then Nagafen more enjoyable to play, but they are very slow of doing things. If they don't act soon, there may not be any players left.

There isn't many game compare to this one, I still like this game, it just seem unbalance in pvp and we all want to try to help. So if anyone have any ideas or suggest please say something before it too late. Just be nice and have friendly manners, otherwise they wont listen or read this thread if it under fire.

Pawder, that wasn't very nice thing to say, if you want to help say something good in return instead of negative comments.
    Siren and Moonpanther like this.
  5. Exur Well-Known Member

Of the 4, only 3 apply.. and only to level locking... I wouldn't ask any dev time on the rest, since #1 there is no dev and #2 they aren't really PvP problems.

I installed clean yesterday... my UI is a hot mess, but this is just my opinion on what I noticed again. There is PvP action and EQ2 PvP combat is fun, period. The environment and method of PvP isn't what it was and what you want it to be. Nothing but a reset of all the PvE changes since 2007 can bring it back to "that". So.... my input going forward:

#1 Move Warfields to Battle Grounds. Really think of a creative way to pull this off... my suggestion would be to have a zone similar to Warzone, were you allow people to group up at the entrance and /shout all they want till they "enter" the warfield. How you decided who is on what side is something dev is going to have to be creative with and spend more then 1 lunch hour brainstorming. I'd say let people choose, but then everyone just piles on the winning side. Someone that gets paid for developing this can think of a good solution here.
    #2 Increase the PvP drop rate on Nagafen Open world mobs. Add PvP drops to Contested Heroic and Epic mobs that drop alot more rewards... and like every time. Now you have soloers contesting the solo mobs for PvP loot and Groups/Raids contesting the Heroic and Epics. The population is pretty bad to even bring this server back to life, but at least you are "promoting" Open world PvP again. This and/or maybe a roaming writ giver are the only solution I see moving forward on Nagafen. You can't revert PvE changes to make it great again.
    Fetish likes this.
  6. Pawder Active Member

Well since I have spent the better part on my online gaming in this franchise, I have every right to post here. I log on to see if anything is being done to finally fix pvp. I have been on the save Naggy bandwagon since they put in BGs. I don't need to hear your rude comeback to my true and factual comment. SoE doesn't care about you or pvp. I come back and hope to see something happen, and post when I feel like it. I would be happy to come back if there were a fix in the works.Now go run around and kill the same 4 players over and over while I watch a movie.

Your comment is a personal attack and is not permitted on these forums. Keep it to whining about the game, not the players whining.
  7. Cuoco Member

If they are too short staffed to make changes AT LEAST PUT NEW TOKENS BACK INTO WARFIELDS! We had raids showing up for that until they pulled it. Should take you 5 min to fix,
    Kaaryos, Exur and Pawder like this.
  8. redindus Active Member

Sadly I never made it to the warfields or battleground, but I do remember popping up there with my low level while exploring, it was a huge fight and just standing their for a long time killing each others. So I got the hell outta there lol.

All I know that at the beginning playing this is where it hurt the most, some say it the very end. I am sure there a lot of things I don't know about this game or how it is lay out for pvp and the surrounding.