Impossible to get ahold of EQII (EoF) in the UK

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Kassanya, May 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Nilliam Guest

The PC world stores in Boston and Lincoln both had EoF in stock. Perhaps not much help unless you live in the wilderness that is the FarEast Midlands.
  2. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

LOL yes the only dev post on this topic will be the one where they lock as it gets too long - and why? Its for customers waiting for a response on why SOE's project is not on the shelves so SOE can make more money. I wonder if we should get some sort of percentage of SOE's marketing division exec salary. Seems we are a lot more passionate about this then they are. Any opening in London for this part of your company SOE? Where do i send you my C.V?
  3. ARCHIVED-llol_slim Guest

hi, newbie here, so apologies if I mis-interpret what you guys are talking about.. I live in the UK and just bought and downloaded (7.1gbs) Everquest 2 all in one from direct2drive.com (not .co.uk) includes Desert of Flames, Kingdom of Sky, and Echoes of Faydwer. Easiest way to buy i think, and it only needed 45minutes worth of patching once installed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Orsham Guest

Many people tried to do this, including myself. Someone contacted D2D to be told that they weren't allowed to sell it to UK users. Perhaps something has changed, or did you use some kind of proxy server? That was mentioned before.
  5. ARCHIVED-llol_slim Guest

i did quickly scan through and search this thread for a mention of direct2drive but didnt see it.
    No, i didn't use a proxy, i did it all the normal way, english credit card, english billing address, english registration, just via direct2drive.com.
    Im "my account" it shows my english postcode although it is in the "zip code" area and it shows my country as UK.
    I didn't try to trick them into selling to me, it didn't even occur to me I couldnt do this.

I also bought Just Cause using .com on 22/10/06 as well.

maybe its because I initially registered with .com as apposed to .co.uk?
  6. ARCHIVED-Orsham Guest

Perhaps there is a change of policy then, although I still get product unavailable when I click the EQ2 D2D.com link. You couldn't buy the US version of WoW from D2D in the UK but that made sense as there are two versions of the game. EQ2 is the same wherever you play it, you just choose your location when you start it up, so I never understood the policy of making it unavailable to UK/Euro customers.
    edit: I wonder if this is not an exact science and some non-US ip addresses don't show up as such? It seems to be an ip address issue.
  7. ARCHIVED-sldsmkd Guest

There's some region locking going on with D2D for sure, I tried from 3 different IP address ranges on 3 *completely* different networks, with 2 different accounts and no dice. I just bought a copy off ebay US using paypal, the seller emailed me the key. Look up kolinb on ebay.com, he has great feedback and if you email him the key will get sent in 24 hours or so (atleast mine did).

It's still a bloody disgrace that the only way to get the game is ebay or pay through the nose for SOE digital downloads.
  8. ARCHIVED-JohnhostUK Guest

Just a couple thoughts regarding this issue.

SOE has never really put much advertising or effort into getting boxes onto shelves except perhaps at the launch of a title. I think Kingdom of Sky didn't really sell very hot anywhere and only raiders bought it mostly. And I don't think SOE thought Echoes of Faydwer would be the big seller it was. Consider it more of a trial balloon of the new direction they wanted to go with. I really don't think SOE has thought through the EU market very well.

That said it is VERY likely that SOE now see's the UK is a viable market. Smed has stated they want to steer away from subs as primary income and go to box sales. This will mean making them available on store shelves. I believe with Rise of Kunark we will see a MUCH larger retail presence as an almost relaunch of the marketing of the game. I believe they think it will be a strong seller and will be looking to make sure it's available.

So by November our availability issues should clear up.
  9. ARCHIVED-kaokhaai Guest

Seems the UK is the only region having some problems with D2D, though. I see a lot of europeans here on the forums saying they've used D2D without any problems (including myself).
  10. ARCHIVED-wallasaurus Guest

I got the D2D complete pack ok, and I'm in UK.

I had the 'play the fae' demo installed, ordered from D2D and got my serial no, everything worked fine :) no hiccups, nothing.

I am a fileplanet member though (I think they own D2D or are somehow connected) so maybe that helped somehow?

anyhoo - good luck! It is possible.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tweej Guest

I tried the D2D but the sale wouldn't go through and got very little help (nothing but a autoresponse) from them asking bout the prob... in the end used kolinb from ebay which some one had sed... works out at £26 ($53)and he'll give u the key and send the box... not bad really sldsmkd thanks for recommending him...