Imbued items now adornable, but are adorned items imbueable?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Devilsbane, Feb 25, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

[p]*** Adornments ***[/p][p]You can now place adornments on imbued tradeskill weapons, armor and shields.[/p][p]Does this mean non imbued items that have adornments can be imbued now? If these adorned items are imbued will they lose their adornment? I have equipped several of my alts with non imbued version of the imbueable equipment. The new consignment interface should allow previous attuned items to be imbued.[/p][p]Since I play the Fury class exclusively, I have adorned shield and shoulder equipment with reprisal damage adornments. It would be sweet if I can imbue my shield and leg items as well with the damage procs. That would mean each npc attacker gets hit by at least three reprisal effects (sometimes four or five).[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-AegisCrown Guest

probaly not cause soe doesnt seem to like to go retro active. they didnt let us people who use throwing weapons to get them attuned when 2 years after release we were allowed too.
  3. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

1) Shoulders could never be imbued, so I wouldn't expect them to be in the future. Only weapons, shields, rings, chest, and legs could be imbued. 2) You can get an attuned item imbued via the consignment system, and I would HOPE it doesn't eat your adornment. I can't see them making it eat your adornment on purpose. I could see them screwing it up by not thinking of this, however.
  4. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

Post has been corrected.
  5. ARCHIVED-Catharsis Guest

I'd think that any adorned item that gets imbued would lose the adornment. The armor being imbued is simply another raw ingredient in the process and is consumed. Kudos to the programmers if they thought to put in a work around though.
  6. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

The way I read this is that you can now place adornments on Imbued tradeskill items. I would imagine that (considering adorns were created to replace imbues) that the imbue will dissapear once an item is adorned. Similar to how adorns overwrite, when adorning a preadorned item. As far as already adorned items then being imbued, I doubt it to be honest. They are trying to phase adorns out completely.
  7. ARCHIVED-Archonix Guest

As of this mornings GU, any item that is adorned and was previously eligible for imbuement, can now be imbued. Having the item imbued will strip any attached adornments. After the item is imbued, you can once again add an adornment.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

Not so I could not adorn my imbued ring after the update.
  9. ARCHIVED-themixmonkeyx Guest

Elrin@Guk wrote:
    The update didnt mention anything about imbued rings. Weapons, Armour and Shields.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

Rattface@Nagafen wrote:
    BAH, just BAH! Why not rings? I don't get it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

[p]Kirstie wrote:[/p][p]Game Update Notes: Friday March 9th, 2007[/p][p]*** Items ***[/p][p]- Adornments will no longer be silently destroyed when imbuing an item: [/p][p] - If the finished product is ORNATE, you will get a popup before crafting starts asking you to confirm that you want to destroy the adornment [/p][p] - If the finished product is not ORNATE, the adornment will automatically appear on the finished product.[/p][p] [/p][p]Did I called this one or what?![/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Fistantantilus Guest

So.. is this thing working or what ? I tried yesterday to adorn my ranger's pristine imbued cobalt tomahawk (he has it for like 2 months) and it did not let me adorn it. Or is this working only for newly crafted items ?
  13. ARCHIVED-valkyrja Guest

Phaerun@Mistmoore wrote:
    1- Does it have the "Ornate" tag? 2- Was it at 100%, you can't adorn damaged gear.