I'm not seeing any adept 1 Warlock spells drop :-(

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Ralgur, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Ralgur Guest

So far, in 24 levels, I have yet to see even one warlock adept 1 spell of any type drop. I've had many drops for the other classes. Anyone know if the drop rate is hosed right now? It's probably just my crappy luck, but I'm curious.
  2. ARCHIVED-V4nce Guest

Not to gloat, but I got the level 51 Nul Distortion Adept 1 to drop in DoF two days before I dinged 51.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ralgur Guest

Your good fortune is not my misfortune! By all means, congratulations. I just am concerned about the drop rate of warlock spells through 24 levels. You'd think either I or someone in my guild would have seen one by now. My guild is very good about banking drops and sharing, so I don't think there have been any drops in my range.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lyasa Guest

so you're a 24 warlock? or a 44? i seen plenty drop, just not as often as i'd have liked, best bet is to check vendor for cheap spells, usually find some, unless you got everyone rolling up a warlock alt (probably not gonna be a huge issue now, as people are gonnna be levelling mains)
    on a side note, i got my server discovery for skeletal grasp adept 1, lv 54 replacement for bony grasp, so i can attest they do exist.
    also you'll have noted in one of the recent updates that the drop rates for 20 and below adept 1's have been increased, so i imagine they'll be a little easier to find. (if you are 24, not 44)
    Message Edited by Fenrihr on 09-20-2005 01:02 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Spell books drop in different zones for different classes and levels. Search the Qeynos and FP markets for them. App4 spells are almost as good as Adept1, and the "important" spells you are hopefully making into adept3 once you hit your 40s. Dont' sweat the small stuff! Get a sage to make you all your spells, buying in bulk will reduce your cost!
  6. ARCHIVED-Shipwreck_GPA Guest

Aye, in my personal experience Warlock Adepts often sell cheaper off the fence for Qeynos than they do straight up in Freeport, because there is little demand for Warlock spells in Qeynos. I find Adepts going for a SONG there quite often. I also have drops of the 37, 38, 39, and 40 Warlock spells that all dropped in Splitpaw, so if you have that pack, you may want to spend some time there.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mainoumi Guest

In 41 levels I have yet to ever get a single thing I could use, spells and items. I HATE the loot code.
  8. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

I'm from Qeynos, and I never had any problems finding adept books for my class. I don't know what the big deal is, adept books are cheap, and if you can't afford them make a sage, like I said, app4 is good enough for those spells that aren't adept3.
  9. ARCHIVED-vorek Guest

I cannot say this for certain...but there seems to be some bit of code that prevents you from getting spell book drops of your class.

I have 4 characters and each has gotten a total of ONE book (either Adept I or Master I) for itself and the rest were good for other characters on the account. It is weird. My necro got ONE necro book drop in 40 levels.....but get a Master I for Mystic and about 20 Adept Is for my other class and about 100 Adept I of other classes. The same goes for all the other characters (Only my scout hasn't gotten a Master I while soloing)
    This cannot just be coincidence!
  10. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

Lol that is quite a speculatoin :)

Cower just dropped for me from a chest. I have had my lvl 54 spell also drop from chests while solo'ing. But oh [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] I never had a warlock master drop. Sony is to blame !! Ah come on. There is soo much loot that it is normal you don't see your own stuff drop frequently but more of other classes. Stop thinking it's the dev's playing with the code.
  11. ARCHIVED-tiki-jiki Guest

I have found a few adept 1 for warlocks while soloing. Several in Splitpaw, and a few others from random mobs. I think some of you may have had some bad luck.
  12. ARCHIVED-vorek Guest

Must be bad luck that my necro has had ONE necro book drop.
    My warlock has had NO warlock books drop.
    My bruiser has had ONE bruiser book drop.

It is a conspiracy!!!!!
  13. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Oh please grow up. Be glad you can buy them or craft them. Now if you had no way to make them stronger than app1 I would agree with you, but that is not the case. You are grinding in the wrong spots and at the wrong times when they drop. Plenty of adepts drop in splitpaw for every class. We got a master devastation in heroic arena also.
  14. ARCHIVED-vorek Guest

Wow Crono....you really are an [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]!
    If the spirit of my post wasn't within your realm of understanding...I will try to use smaller words.

It was funny! The chicken little post.

Sheesh.....like I believe that there is actually code in the game to promote the economy by making people trade adept Is instead of having your own drop....wait a sec....that is what is going on....hey...I figured it out...

That was also a joke [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]...so don't wig out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Quite frankly I'm sick of coming on the forums to nothing but people begging and whining about how their class sucks and they hate playing it, and you can't get any adept books? Good, to be adept at something takes a lot of practice, they drop way too frequently, and as a sage, it [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing pisses me off. I stopped leveling my sage because everyone can buy an ADEPT book for 1s when it costs me around 30s to make a spell, and I only wanted to sell them for 50s...barely enough for the overpriced fuels if you [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] up a combine...(unless you're a provisioner and they get cheap fuels for some reason...you have to make just as many alchemy combines for inks and quills and paper..? this is a different story for a different post though). The point is you guys all like your class or you wouldn't be playing and posting on here...because if you didn't subscribe to eq2 you couldn't use this forum! Stop the debauchery of eq2forums!