I'm losing my guild name to inactive guilds?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Edelphia, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Rose Well-Known Member

I would think that since this is a problem with the name change on a server merge, in which everything does not happen perfectly, that if you renamed your guild and it still has the z's or x's that DB would correct it. Mistakes and errors happen, and I am sure that DB wants to make the customer/player base happy. However, if you changed the name to another legitimate name ad then wanted to change it again, that is a different story.

I can see their point on inactive guilds, since some may come back. However, if DB makes an announcement that any guilds inactive for X amount of years are subject to losing their guild name, then it would be fair. Seems to me that making the current paying player base happy is important in the business aspect. However, maybe there is more to this than meets the eye. Maybe a DEV or GM could elaborate on their decisions as to why, rather than just saying no, so that everyone understands their reasoning?
  2. Spock Active Member

Samething has happen on maj'dul and halls of fate and from what i understand daybreak just said it is what it is no matter how many members those small guild has. Your welcome to try but i wouldn't expect too much of it.
    Rose likes this.
  3. Coriel Active Member

Wow really? And we Maj'Dulians are still left waiting for a resolution of our guild name issues?
    Rose likes this.
  4. Lamatu Active Member

Someone posted that after the Skyfire merger they could change their guild name back to the original.

I assume they had the same bug Maj'Dul did with the rename command allowing it when it first came up, but Maj'Dul came down within a hour for emergency maintenance to fix that.

Fatality was trolled the day before the merges and got their name back, Revelations from BB I have no idea how they got fixed since there was a older guild by that name on Oasis. I guess their petition was granted as the older guild on Oasis only had one inactive toon.
    Rose likes this.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

Fatality was an exception. They were griefed.
    Rose likes this.