I'm curious about the ethereal weapons

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Kismet, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kismet Guest

I've seen one ethereal weapon drop with a group I was questing with. We quest daily. I don't see many of these weapons in game nor on the broker.
    How is it that there are individuals selling these weapons on the broker that have 6 - 8 of them for sale for various classes at any given time? How can one individual be THAT lucky? One of the people I'm noticing has had more than a few for sale continuously since around the 3rd of August.
    I don't get it and have started wondering if there is some sort of favoritism happening.
    Am I missing something?
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Mainly bots.
    I'm sure there are a few human players that have spent 60+ hours killing non stop for these things to sell them, but I'm also certain there are bots running doing kills 24/7 to farm these things as well.
    Part of the problem with putting something so desireable rewarded in this way is it incentivizes people to break the rules.
    That being said, there are some folks just stupid lucky, like I hear someone in guild looted 3 in one day.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kismet Guest

Thank you for the reply, Atan.
    I didn't consider bots. I like the idea of this type of thing being available in game, I don't necessarily like the idea of how it was implemented in this case.
  4. ARCHIVED-Giggilie Guest

It is really sad that there are few players botting to have these on the broker. Our guild has been trying every day, several hours a day, and have not seen one.
    We are hoping that as the month comes to an end they flood the loot tables with them. Lots more fun if more people have them!