I'm confused.. terminology?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Laita, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Laita Well-Known Member

Hey all, help a returning player out for a second.. I'm just a tad confused.

I've played as an illy main since 2007, took a break from 2015 til earlier this month. I recently got both Chorus of Night and the Symphony of the Void runes. Basically identical adornments, 1 buffs combat art and the other buffs spells. So my thoughts are obviously the Symphony rune that buffs spells would be the one to wear.. but looking at some of y'alls player profiles, I see you wearing Chorus... why? Did something change with terminology from the developers? Obviously spell double attack doesn't mean anything anymore, it's now ability double attack, is this something similar? I guess I'm just confused on this, and any insight would be appreciated.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you use a crossbow as your ranged weapon, it autoattacks. And some mages (warlocks) have a bunch of spells that need to be cast from real close in, so you could be autoattacking with a dagger or staff.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Laita Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get the auto attack, and everyone should be doing that.. but the Chorus of Night specifically says Combat Arts, while the Symphony says Spells... unless they just messed up the wording auto attacking should have nothing to do with either, just why I came here asking why so many mages are wearing it over the spell one since most mages may only have 1-3 Combat Arts (usually from AA's)...
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

It may just have been what they've looted so far. AFAIK, you can use both.

They just increase the fervor, trigger count, and range of either spells or CAs. Does nothing to auto
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Not sure what Sig was trying to say above
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

post eq2u links to said mages, so we can ask them.
    or ask them yourself, and post what they said.

you have both - test Chorus, see if adds ticks to spells or ascenscions - it would be a bug, but one worth knowing about
  7. Moss Well-Known Member

It is basically useless on many mage class, but as some mage have a few combat art - even doing low damage - and they have no other red adorn to wear instead, you will find many mage wearing it
    Sigrdrifa likes this.