I'm a lvl 24 wizard thinking about rerolling as a Warlock waste of time or worth it?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-system error, Jun 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-system error Guest

what do you guys suggest? I notived warlocks do alot better dps and thats mainly why i want to reroll but like i said in my topic..im not sure if its a waste of time or not
  2. ARCHIVED-V4nce Guest

If you switch now, consider that the upcoming "rebalancing" may make you regret it in the near future.

I made my warlock back when we were totally gimped and stuck with it. Chasing after the class-du-jour will leave you never-satisfied.
  3. ARCHIVED-betterjimi Guest

You coud just play both and see which you like better i really like warlock because if the spells animations they are really cool.
  4. ARCHIVED-Soefje Guest

Before you re-roll you need to answer a few questions yourself.

1. Why am I playing the game? If it is to see big number above a MOBs head. In that case, willl you ever be satisfied. There are times when someone will do more damange than you on a given night.

2. Why did you chose wizard? Was it because of damage? See #1. If it was you liked the idea of fire/ice damage then stay with it. I personally think that the wizard moves and animations are cool, better and warlocks. Is that a reason?

3. Do you group or solo? If you group, have you been having trouble finding a group? If not, then what is the problem. I have found that the best groups are when there is a wizard and warlock in the group.

As one of the previous poster stated, chasing the highest dps may never give you satisfaction. When I chose warlock I did not know they did the most damage (if they do) I chose because of the idea of playing a character that walks the path between light and dark and may occasionally fall off. I like the mysterious aspect. If this is what you are looking for, then all mean proceed. I personally don't care if I out dps anyone in my group. My concern is did we kill the MOB, did we complete the quest, and did we have fun doing it.

See you round.
  5. ARCHIVED-tiki-jiki Guest

I think the damage will be very balanced between the 2 when they rebalance. I imagine this will come in the next month or so. So id just stick with wizard for now and see what happens.
  6. ARCHIVED-SilentSam Guest

I find too many people worry about the other numbers flying around from other characters and classes. When I went warlock I didn't care if I was the biggest DPS, I really just wanted to be useful to a group and have the ability to solo. Both warlocks and wizzies are good for these two things.
    When I started my warlock, wizzies had the edge...right now its the other way around...give it a month it might be back the other way again. Who knows.
    Until the big fixes, though, my heart goes out to the summoner and enchanter classes. These guys need some big DPS boosts.
    Don't reroll your wizard if the DPS is the only thing you care about...the damage numbers are gonna change and you might be mad if you get rid of your wizzy now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Marsol Guest

I'm not quite sure I'd say a LOT better damage.
    Keep in mind the biggest reason you're seeing the difference is our first big nuke is at 23 (Dark Distortion). Not sure when yours is but there's always times when one class lags a bit behind the other based on who gets what upgraded when.
    I went warlock but I've grouped with wizzies and they're awesome too. Some resist issues later on but unless you plan to be a heavy duty raider that shouldn't be too big of an issue. Despite what many will say, I honestly don't think there's a big enough difference between the two classes to warrant re-rolling.
  8. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

I'd say the damage is about even, warlocks a little ahead, without mana battery and evac. Stay wizard.
  9. ARCHIVED-anshar Guest

Personally, I would stick with Wizard. I made a Warlock on the day the game went live, and fretted for some time about my choice. Granted, later I was vindicated, but as has been said, soon, things will change again. Every game has an archetype called FotM (Flavor of the Month). They are called this because of a cycle that occurs.

1 Class A is 'broken.'
    2 Class A complains to the developers.
    3 Class A is brought to work 'as intended' (in case you miss the sarcasm in those two words...here's your notice).
    4 Class A now has certain abilities that allow them to do things that classes B, C, and D cannot.
    5 Classes B, C and D begin to notice the discrepancy.
    6 Classes B, C and D use class A as an example of what is wrong with classes B, C and D.
    7 Class B complains best/loudest/most eloquently (or they are the closest in ability, which means quickest fix).
    8 Classes B, C and D all make characters of class A
    9 Developer places scrutiny on class A and class B.
    10 Class B receives upgrades (maybe) and/or
    11 Class A receives downgrades (likely)
    12 Class B posts screens/comments/loots about what they can do
    13 Class B becomes class A, class C becomes class B, class D becomes class C, class A becomes class D
    14 Goto 1

Granted, this whole process takes longer than a month, but the point where every time you turn around and see one of class A usually takes about 1 month.

The point behind this: Stick with class B. If you need to, make a class A, eventually you can go back to class B and be UBER

Anshar
  10. ARCHIVED-Dajuuk Guest

11. ARCHIVED-anshar Guest

Yes, this is true. Perception can have as great an effect as anything. One thing that helps keep this sort of thing under control is the spreading of ideas. If you find a way to do something, don't worry about posting it. If everyone does so, then everyone sees these benefit of the class, and noone complains. We all have reasons we get irritated with SOE, but the number of negative changes would be far, far lower if we did not always think about the pretty green grass over ----> there. Now, sometimes classes do have issues. I believe the wizard end-game resist issue is a valid one. Honestly, though, it has nothing to do with warlocks. Don't switch to a class that is the FotM because yours is 'broken' Be constructive. Be an active member of the community. BE NICE! =) Things will change for the better. Believe it or not, SOE *does* want us happy. Lets not tie their hands by being unhappy for the wrong reasons...and at the wrong people.
    Anshar
  12. ARCHIVED-Sac_joker Guest

Waste of time, IMHO. Wizards aren't bad they are a good class to play...you just gotta give it time. Talk to a few higher level Wizards (good ones that play their class well) they will tell you that Wizards are a good class to play.
    Right now the problem is broken spells, resists/immunity during raid fights and some Wizards wanting Warlock dps...the spells should get fixed soon, resists/immunity (people hope) this will get fixed soon and the dps issue can go either way at any point.
    As I said stay a Wizards, they are a good class.