Illusions..?

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Kallus, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kallus Guest

Just reading the spell list of illusionists. They really dont seem to get alot of illusions eh? I would think they should have one for every race ..

human, half elf, barb, dwarf, gnoll?

no lings, gnomes, kerra, elfs?

is there a way to get these? i am deciding between a fae or a gnome illusionist. I like the fae's glide ability but i like the gnome for looks ect so would like to use gnome illusion but no dice.
  2. ARCHIVED-Slackerx Guest

Soe decided a long time ago that illusionst was just a name and illusions would play no part with the mecanics (or fun spells for that matter) for our class.. they stated that it would be to had to add illusions to the game for illusionist so they wont do it (that realy makes me angrie, and lots of other illusionst i bet). this is the part of there reasoning that i do not get..conj get illusiost, necros get illusions (with added effects to the illusions!!!!), mystics get illusions, and i believe fury/warden get illusionst.. now heres the kicker ALL classes can use the bone fragment collection quest rewards to cast illusionst, along with other quest itmes and stuff that cast illusions. well thats the reasn why you cant cast a gnome illusion even if it makes NO SENCE AT ALL..your only option is to do the gnome bone collection quest and use the reward to cast gnome illusion..

Dulamar
    70 illusionst
    Forsaken, Lucan

P.S. Still disgruntled about the state or lack of illusions that illusionist get..damn how freeking cool would it be if illusionist got illusions that had benificial effects attached to them.. but i guess the those got left behind in eq1
  3. ARCHIVED-Kallus Guest

I would be happy enough just to look like other things. It should not be hard those illusions ARE in the game anyhow.
  4. ARCHIVED-Baynne Guest

i miss the useful illusions like chanters in EQ1 have... ghost wolf for a little extra run speed... air elemental for levi, water for EB etc etc... they should change our class name to something else.. at least Coercer fits because they coerce mobs to work for them... as stated above illusions have no part with an illusionist, so what does that make us really? lol
  5. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

Bump.

Already posted this in several other areas in hopes that it will be seen by chanters and devs alike.

I know for a bunch of the hardcore raiders, Illusions really don't mean much to folks. They'd rather have abilities and skills that up their raidwide parses etc, and I hear ya.

But... take a look at the following... The fact that EQ 2 chanters don't have illusions really is a pet peeve of mine. Other mages and healers have more illusions than we do and I've quite frankly had it with EQ 2 dev's in ability to add some flare and fluff!

See for yourself:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...p;action=search

Check out this Eq 1 enchanter spell list. Look how many freaking illusions enchanters used to have. Practically EVERY level they are given illusions... yet EQ 2 chanters have NOTHING but crap.

Levels 1 through 10:

[IMG] Minor Illusion
    [IMG] Illusion Human
    [IMG] Illusion Half-Elf
    [IMG] Illusion Wood Elf
    [IMG] Illusion Gnome
    [IMG] Illusion Dark Elf

AT LEVEL 10 EQ 1 chanters now have more illusions than EQ 2 chanters.

Levels 11 through 20:

[IMG] Illusion High Elf
    [IMG] Illusion Erudite
    [IMG] Illusion Halfling
    [IMG] Illusion Dwarf
    [IMG] Illusion Barbarian
    [IMG] Illusion Tree
    [IMG] Illusion Ogre
    [IMG] Illusion Troll
    [IMG] Illusion Iksar

Levels 21-30:

[IMG] Illusion Earth Elemental
    [IMG] Illusion Skeleton
    [IMG] Illusion Water Elemental
    [IMG] Illusion Air Elemental

Levels 31-40:

[IMG] Illusion Fire Elemental
    [IMG] Illusion Dry Bone
    [IMG] Illusion Spirit Wolf
    [IMG] Boon of the Garou (Illusion on others that included beneficial buffs.. Our haste/synergism could carry simular illusions attached)

Levels 41-50:

[IMG] Illusion Werewolf
    [IMG] Illusion Scaled Wolf
    [IMG] Illusion Spectre
    [IMG] Illusion Imp

Level 51-60:

[IMG] Illusion Guktan
    [IMG] Illusion Vah Shir
    [IMG] Illusion Orc
    [IMG] Illusion Fire Bone
    [IMG] Illusion Frost Bone

Levels 61-70:

[IMG] Illusion Froglok

Levels 70+:

[IMG] Illusion Drakkin of Draton'ra
    [IMG] Illusion Drakkin of Osh'vir
    [IMG] Illusion Drakkin of Venesh

Levels 75+:

[IMG] Illusion Goblin of Solusek
    [IMG] Illusion Goblin of Dagnor's
    [IMG] Illusion Goblin of the Valley

EQ 1 Enchanters had -=39=- illusions at 80th level. EQ 2 enchanters have lets see... Human, Half-elf, Barbarian, Gnoll and dwarf.... All of which can be easily duplicated by spending 3silver on a petrified eye. The same sorry illusions we've had for 3 years...

To me... this is quite simply unacceptable.

Please discuss.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aenielle Guest

It is just sad. Our "fluff" spells are in no way or matter class limited.
    Everyone , and i mean EVERYONE can duplicate our special spells by spending a few silver to get the petrified eye of the broker.
    And Illusionists- the "masters of illusions" cannot in any way replicate some of the illusions other classes have as fluff.

What makes me even sader is the simple fact that it is not a matter of "cant be done", seeing as a bunch of new illusions was added with the LoN game * and again illusions are available to anyone).

So it is simply a thing that "wont be done" as none of the devs seems even remotly interested in it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

Fizzletop@Splitpaw wrote:
    Yup, this is what pisses me off the most. It can easily be done. They could EASILY add a ton of illusions for us to scribe. They just wont.

Makes no sense.

Illusionist's without illusions.

What do I do as an EQ 2 chanter? Crowd Control? Hardly. Everyone and their mother has AE's and AE dots. Its all about zerging through content with max burn DPS. I just stand in one spot on a raid, keeping my power in the 30% range and chain cast like a clicktard...

Thats it. Thats the life of an illusionist in a nutshell.