Illusionist on Kaladim?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Jalathan, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Jalathan Active Member

I keep hearing that Illusionists on Kaladim are having issues and are far inferior to Coercers in DoV. I've been playing an Illy over there (at lvl 70 at the moment), but never played a coercer (or an Illy before this) and I do not understand why this would be the case. Any one willing to enlighten an illy newb?
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I guess it's because some of the abilities Coersers have that Illusionists don't have , or only to a limited extend .
    I would like to see a definitive about this too , since I never played a coerser in a intense kind of way.

But yes more gentle factions in this game seam to get the more powerful classes .
    Breanna likes this.
  3. echooo Member

Coercers give 40 crit bonus to the group. Illies don’t.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Coercers can mezz whole groups if not rooms , Coercers can have 2 pet's if not more at a time ( get an essence , and a mezzed pet , or group )

well an illi has also Illusory ally besides the reflection and the doppelganger , but the ally and the doppelganger only last for a short time .
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Jalathan Active Member

So, mass mez and 40 crit bonus sinks an otherwise fun class :(
  6. Ratza Well-Known Member

The player hate towards the Illy class on Kaladim is REAL! No one wants them in their groups.

The illy doesn't give 40 CB.
    The illy pet is worthless and always dead!
    The illy pet goes from 0 to 99 on hate meter almost instantly.
    The overall illy parse is much lower than a coercer.

Basically, the Illy class is unwanted/unneeded in groups/raids and gets absolutely ZERO love from the devs.
  7. Jalathan Active Member

Yah, I wound up betraying to coercer... I liked the illy, but I've already been through the pariah class once with the paladin, do not want to EVER do that again
  8. Palmer New Member

Illusory Allies is a mem wipe spell. It appears to summon pets, but that's just for flavor. It's not really a pet spell.

It's best to imagine the pets don't exist and the mob just blinks a few times (an EQ1 reference)
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea Palmer, but some of those pets are only up for a short time.
    Breanna likes this.