Illusionist - monitoring mezzes

Discussion in 'Mages' started by caderyn5142, Jun 5, 2014.

1. caderyn5142 New Member

I'm a newb illusionist and I'm trying to find a good way to monitor the mezzes on multiple mobs. My ultimate goal is to generate a timer (either through some interface mode or something like ACT) for each mob that I mez.

When I played a bard on EQ1 I used GamTextTriggers. The program just reads log files so I could use it on EQ2, but unfortunately it's causing low FPS when I play in windowed mode (which I always do). I think it's an issue with my graphics card so that option is a no-go.

Right now I'm using the DarqUI spell window to track Entrance and Phantasmal Awe (the only 2 mezzes I have access to right now). That's fine for tracking Phantasmal Awe, but if I mez more than one mob with Entrance then it doesn't show multiple timers. It's still moderately helpful--if I keep track of which mob I mezzed first then I have an idea of when I need to start refreshing each ST mez--but it would be nice if I could generate separate timers for each mob.

Anyway, what I'd like to find is some method or mod for tracking timers for each mob that I've mezzed. I've played around with ACT but have only been able to get it to generate a single timer for the first time I cast the spell. I can't figure out how to make it generate new timers for each mob I recast it on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Sudedor Well-Known Member

While your embracing of the original function of the class is refreshing, the honest truth is that you'll almost never be called upon to mez. When you are, there will usually only be one or two targets that need it. Don't waste your time with worrying about juggling a bunch of mezzes. You simply won't be doing it.
  3. caderyn5142 New Member

That's a bummer. I like mezzing.

I guess I won't put too much thought into it then...it would still be nice for soloing. When I'm running dungeons with a merc and pet I do a lot of mezzing. But when it's just me it's not too hard to track either :)
  4. caderyn5142 New Member

So here's a follow up question. What is the role of an illusionist or coercer in grouping & raiding? Right now I'm playing an illusionist but I plan to betray to coercer as I level so I can try both.
    Mortyk likes this.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

their role is to be support classes of course.
    but also dps.

coercer has the extra role of feeding power when needed
  6. Boodle New Member

If you want to use a separate window from your maintained window to see what you have mezzed (or what I use it for to see who I have buffs on and Time Warp) then you can use one of the spell timer windows - there are ones out there that will show multiple of the same spell. DrumsUI has one that I think would work for what you want. You can install just that 1 piece by itself.