Iksar Monks?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-DrrakoXhaoXing, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-DrrakoXhaoXing Guest

Ok I have been freaking out over this, I have always been an iksar monk and can you still be an iksar monk even? People keep telling me I have to do a bunch of quests just to be able to be a monk?! If this is true I might have to be a lame human monk =/ pls reply thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Loreweaver Guest

Yes, you can be an Iksar monk. You will need to do the betrayal quest, however, and betray Freeport before you are level 20 at which point you can become a monk in Qeynos. Its not an easy path, but not as hard as I would have liked to have seen it.

Good luck.
  3. ARCHIVED-Alturas Guest

but any race can be a monk
  4. ARCHIVED-Sir_Alastor Guest

Correct, but not every race can start out in Qeynos and you must be a citizen of Qeynos to initiate the monk quest.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

To be a bit more precise. There is a quest called the Betrayl quest you can do around lvl 16-17, which will change your home city to the opposite one. So if you start an iksar which are evil and can only start in Freeport, then you can betray at lvl 16 or 17, and make Qeynos your home town. You'll then be able to become a monk at lvl 20. Though you cannot go back to making Freeport your home town.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gravenwolf Guest

I am currently a level 10 (soon-to-be-monk) iksar... just started using the bo stick as a weapon.. OMG does it ever look sweet the combat moves he makes...

Graven lvl 10 brawler Permfrost
  7. ARCHIVED-Dr Gonzo Guest

Hey,

don't freak out dude, I'm playing an Iksar monk on a German server. Currently I'm lvl 32 and I just love my char.
    The best thing is, that I haven't seen any other Iksar monks yet, and never heard of one, so probably I'm the only one
    on the whole server. I think nobody wanted to stay oldschool like me, you know what I mean.
    Just do the Quest of Betrayal and have the most stylish char on your server ^^

Have
  8. ARCHIVED-Dr Gonzo Guest

Hey,

don't freak out dude, I'm playing an Iksar monk on a German server. Currently I'm lvl 32 and I just love my char.
    The best thing is, that I haven't seen any other Iksar monks yet, and never heard of one, so probably I'm the only one
    on the whole server. I think nobody wanted to stay oldschool like me, you know what I mean.

Have fun
  9. ARCHIVED-Dr Gonzo Guest

Hey,

Have fun people
  10. ARCHIVED-Khandor Guest

I'm an iksar monk. I love being one too. I got an iksar monk and an iksar paly. You just gotta got through with betrayal. We don't get the high agility that kerra and elf types get, but we can still pull the class off. Well, I'm not even sure if agility is important for a monk anymore really. lol. But still, you can be an iksar monk with no problem.
  11. ARCHIVED-Burem Guest

People act like betrayal is much harder then it is. Being a foolish n00b when I rolled my character I started in freeport (Barbarian). I was going to be a bruiser up until level 17. At level 17 I couldn't find a group one day so I decided to start an alt in qeynos. As soon as I got there I knew I was switching over.

I started the betrayal quest shortly after. It probably took about a day out of my leveling but in the end it isn't really hard, just tedius. If you know the right place to get the 500 gnolls (east of the qeynos gates gryphon tower) you can finish it lickity split. The names spawn fairly often and theres usually more then one instance of antonica/BB (check them all), people also usually OOC when the betrayal mobs are up.

In short; don't worry about it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Taucher Guest

13. ARCHIVED-kerra Guest

I often see Khandor running around on Crushbone and I think he looks awesome. I went with the Kerra monk and had I have known in the beginning I was going to get a cat form anyways I would have tried the Iksar. In the end, make sure that you enjoy the class/race that you play and only hold true half the things you read on the forums and build your own opinion on the class.