IGN previews EQ2

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-kazson, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-kazson Guest

http://pc.ign.com/articles/565/565959p1.html?fromint=1

only bad things he mentions he that he didnt like the fact of how much time he had to spend in Freeport, which i disagree you can head to the commanlands as soon as you become a citizen which doesnt take long at all..

Also he didnt like the fact that all mages are just like every mage in the game pre level 10, however this is by design and becomes less of a issue as you level...

and lastly he talks about a Bug where a mob keeps hitting you after its dead??? Is he talking about poison effects that still hit you after the mob dies? lol thats not a bug

anyway enjoy !
  2. ARCHIVED-Dirtbeard Guest

Head to the commonlands after you become a citizen? Sheesh. My predator Ratonga headed out there. After I died and revived, I saw a cow that conned orange. No, I don't think I would have been happy out there at level 6. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Renvhoek Guest

newp, i get this bug often, i get hit about 5 or 10 seconds after the battle has ended, not poison or some disease affect, it's another melee hit from the mob and it's indeed a bug, although i can't confirm this affects everyone.
  4. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Yeah I get this too. I think it's with lag or something as it doesn't happen often.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kahlel Guest

I wouldnt discount that as a bug as there are melee hits it seems that do damage over time.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lonwen Guest

I definately get the sound of a hit, dunno if I take damage.

After some observation, the sound seems to occur when a mob's corpse rots, and possibly even when I am lookinig away from it at the time. Possibly just a sound bug?

Pretty sure I dont actually take damage though, just sounds like I do.

The other option is that it's lag, a packet telling you you just got hit finally arrives and the client responds.
  7. ARCHIVED-Haukh Guest

I noticed allready on the Isle of refuge that for example bears have a crush attack that lasts some time, also after mob death. Check all icons on right side of screen, you may very well have some mob effect going over time, and not only poison and disease.
  8. ARCHIVED-Renvhoek Guest

it's a bug, i'm certain of that. And yea you don't actually take damage, it just makes the sound and the animation of you taking the last hit before the mob died. So the mob is dead, then you don't take any damage, then out of no where you get hit, but still don't take damage. I've had dot's and all sorts of spells last after the battle, but this one is definantly a bug, however, it's not harmful, it's just not right.