If you use SOE 30 day game cards to play, you are no longer allowed to gift.

Discussion in 'Station Cash' started by ARCHIVED-Wurm, Oct 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Wurm Guest

"Unfortunately the only way to use the gifting feature is if you are using a credit card with recurring monthly subscription on it. Game cards will not work for this. This is not a bug but the policy for gifting items."

That quote is direct from the horses mouth (CSR) when I petitioned not being able to gift.
    Even though I have 3 cards applied to my account that will last until the end of this year, I am not allowed to gift.
    Even though I've been using nothing but game cards to play for over a year and was able to gift a month ago... that is no longer the case.
    Thanks alot SOE for once again fixing a problem with a sledgehammer. I no longer know why I'm surprised any more.
    Consider me one less person who will spend money on virtual items in your increasingly fubared game.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Our current gifting policy requires a recurring subscription.
    Game cards cannot be refilled and cannot initiate recurring subscription plans.
    As this requires, or even presents, no troubleshooting I'll go ahead and lock this up. If you wish to discuss policy I highly recommend re-posting in a general discussion forum, or any other appropriate forum outside of these support boards.