If you can't beat them, join them, why I think you should make a Monk

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Qilin, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Crim001 Guest

2. ARCHIVED-mastersardis Guest

I'm not even going to quote you Gaige, but here's my response:
    Server mergers happen for 1 reason, and 1 reason alone. Low Population. My roomate playes WoW. Their servers are FULL. They are adding new content, sure, and raising the level cap, yeah, but they are also ADDING MORE SERVERS because their game is MORE POPULAR than EQ2.
    I dont care who else went to Fanfair. You went. You call the Devs by there firs names like they're you close personal friends. I bet you PM them all the time, huh?
    Your posts read like a SOE propaganda artist wrote them. You are biased. You have blinders on. Wake up.
  3. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

EQ1 is that way ------------------------>

Ohh Come on Gaige read the rest of the post and who I was quoting man. Apply that to what you know my attitude to be. I was being tort with a certain NON-Guardian bringing back that old line.. if you wanted so and so you should reroll. for the last week Janaru and you and a few other have been to least in my opinion more than civil.. but when a idiot pring back this tired retoric Im going to respond in kind.
  4. ARCHIVED-mastersardis Guest

These people (Gaige, Janaru) are smart, but biased, and they post here to keep ther class from being nerfed. However, Guardians requesting a fix somehow gets misinterpreted as a threat. I know you guys are scared of it, but we're not asking that any changes be made to your class (Ok, well, some hot-heads are, but they're posting in anger, so please ignore). We dont want you to have to endure what we are going thru right now, believe it or not. It sucks.
    All we want to for the playing field to really be level. We want a class that really "wow"s us again, yet not at the cost of other tanks being viable in the MT/OT/MA role, or giving up their solo-ability.
    We are not a threat.
    Howeverm when you guys come here and attack and derail threads, and refute our requests for fixes, you will of course be met with animosity.
    From then on, you oppinion means jack to our community. That is why you are seeing such a harsh response.
  5. ARCHIVED-TimUK Guest

Im not gonna quote or flame anyone/anything said in this post, but heres my 2cp

In LU13 Monks got gimped aswell, my avoidance pre-*13* was 79% afterwards it was 63

Imho if you want to be a proper tank you should roll a guard, they wear plate and their defensive buffs (dont know names, but know they rock) are essential in any group

I (as a monk) see myself more of a offtank, the guy who helps the tank out with other aggro in the mob
    If he gets into too much trouble i can heal then Rescue, switch to def stance and try my best

I dont have uber items/equip and i see myself as more of a dps role then a tank

Lets face it guys, when was the last time someone chose a monk to be the MT over a Guard?

I personally never get chosen to be the MT, had my LFG tag on alot, only ever been chosen as the MT a handfull of times (if that)

You should be happy with your class, you may not have better DPS then a Monk, but imo, your a much better tank

At least you know you will allways be chosen to tank before a Monk, and i see this fact stated all the time on the monk/bruiser boards
  6. ARCHIVED-jinxedup Guest

let me explain it to you as simply as i can mastersardis-- Guards dont get a DPS increase unless they give up their increased tanking ablility-- thats just simply not ok-- you cant have the best of both worlds-- we wont allow it-- so either choose the best tank-- guards or zerkers hands down-- NO other class can compete with the aggro and defense they have-- or less tanking ablility and more dps-- just like any of the 4 other "tank" trees

That would be comparable to me asking for my monk to have better mitigation and defense while not losing any dps-- again something you guards would scream bloody murder at and run around claiming the sky is falling like you did LU13
    See-- pretty simple huh-- you get no benefits without giving something else up-- you simply dont deserve it
  7. ARCHIVED-Anasyn Silverdagger Guest

It's always funny how we get one raid in the game that drops more then one fabled brawler item a lot and all of a sudden theirs tons of brawler gear in the game. Look back at all the lower tier raids and all the instances in dof and compare the number of leather armor drops and brawler weapons. If you think guardians are bad at soloing try a Mystic :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

You are uninformed. Come back when you spend some time reading and seeingt he issues as they are.
  9. ARCHIVED-mastersardis Guest

Thanks for taking care of my lite work, Wasuna.
    Guards gave up EVERYTHING pre LU13 in exchange for tanking superiority. Now tanking is equal, per MG and SOE, yet Guards still give up EVERYTHING, and get NOTHING.
    Let me reiterate. Guards have no role outside of tanking. Monks tank as well a Guards, yet have all the DPS and Utility.
    Dont go away mad, just go away.
  10. ARCHIVED-Crim001 Guest

Just pointing out some things here. Yes we can tank well....it often requires upgrading of spells/armor in order to keep up with mobs/groupmates though. Also....the main crusade for guards isn't to tank better....its to be able to contribute something outside the group.
  11. ARCHIVED-Crim001 Guest

Sigh....why do people come to these forums and post if they don't read the rest of the thread AT LEAST? It gets kinda annoying when people randomly flame about something thats been discussed, and cleared up 40 million times....
  12. ARCHIVED-Snikey Guest

The arguement for LU13 went something like this. All fighters are supossed to be tanks. We all should tank equally.
    When we talk about Soloing / farming being equal as well, we have people say it wasn't promised classes solo equally. Which I completely understand. Priest, scouts, mages, fighters... all solo differently and unequally. But if you look in each group, ones that are to be balanced, ie. tanking equally in fighter's instance. Solo'ing / Farming ability is way skwed. It's does not even come close to the slight differences in tanking.
  13. ARCHIVED-jinxedup Guest

thanks for showing your ignorance mastersardis-- Guards are the ONLY viable raid tank in any difficult raid(as in LJ really isnt a raid)so monks and guards do NOT tank equally well-- PERIOD--- suggesting otherwise just makes you look stupid or like a liar
    Message Edited by jinxedup on 02-16-200611:22 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Snikey Guest

2-3 encounters in the game... difference... go solo / farm with a guardian and tell me that those 2-3 encounters make the monk and guardian tanking difference as big as you make it sound.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sir_Halbarad Guest

That would mean a dev would actually read these boards ... HAHA :D
  16. ARCHIVED-Sir_Halbarad Guest

There are only a few mobs, less than a handful maybe, that can only be tanked by a Warrior (Guardian only? doubt it). Proven by Gaige and other Raiding Monks/Bruisers.

So, all Fighters can tank Raid Mobs. That's what you wanted... the ability to tank raid mobs.

Since Guardians won't get a tanking boost - all you crying babies would come back and spam the devs again - we want some dps and utility. Because, and maybe you are uninformed here, a Guardian who is not the Guild MT has NO Role, NO Soloability, NO Fun.

And now you come back and tell me I should roll a monk? thanks, bye.
  17. ARCHIVED-jinxedup Guest

18. ARCHIVED-mastersardis Guest

lol, someone needs a nap and a clue.
    You DID get equal tanking. It's balanced. You dont believe me? Ask MG.
    Now, where's my solo-ability, my DPS, my role outside of tanking, as promised?
    I will admit my ignorance in many things. This is not one. I've played the guardian class, and the monk. The solo differance is night and day. You have no argument about utility. Tanking is equal.
    I have never stepped in front of a raid mob, and never intend to. You "Handful of mobs" i can tank and you can't dont make a dam bit of differance to me. I'd bet you are in the same boat as me, right? How many raids have you tanked? Do you honestly think you ever will?
    I highly doubt it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Ummmm NO.
    WE have tanked Mobs in Court with.
    Zerker.
    Mobs in Gates with Bruiser and Zerker and SK and Paladins

Mobs in Poets return with Zerker and Paladin

Mobs in Sol Eye Pre and Post LU13 with T5 PC's with.
    Bruiser
    Zerker
    SK
    Paladin.
    yes all of those mobs could be tanked with a guardian and OTHERS.

And YES Im talking about EPICS.
    Message Edited by Warbird1 on 02-17-200610:15 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Rahge Guest