If Mages and Ect get spell autoattack, are you going to lower they're spells damage?

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Or Raise Damage of Melee?
    Just a concern.
  2. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

No reason to, mage autoattack does not deal near as much as even a priest's autoattack. Currently, with around 215 crit bonus and 5000 int in a raid, I hit for max 8 - 15k or so with a HM weapon.
  3. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Thats still alot, even if it doens't seem like it, since its not interruptable like melee combat and probably hits more.
  4. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Mage weapons currently have the same 6.0 delay as hard hitting scout weapons, and hit for that low amount of damage with my stats. Also, mages have next to nothing in the way of flurry, multi-attack, aoe auto, and dps mod. If anything, it will finally equalize the amount of procs mages get compared to melee classes.
  5. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

As long as spell auto does no more damage for mages than melee auto does for them, it should be fine.
  6. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

They don't have to time they're autoattacks though.
  7. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

they are taking about giving your a weapon that can go in your ranged weapon slot and will give your a significant ranged attach just like melee pplz auto attach. they will also be giving you are MA, Flury, DPS mob, Hast, etc... it sounds like to me it will be more then just 8-15k but the melee dps mob and hast are being uncapped so we will be doing alot more dmg with our auto attach, and weapon skills will add to CA damage. they are changing several factors on damage output so there is no telling atm.
  8. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Yeah, on second thought, there will still be major problems eventually.
    Basically, on live right now (or at least at DoV launch): 1 potency (mage) = 1 potency (scout) + 1 MA (scout)
    When spell auto launches: 1 MA (scout) >>> 1 MA (mage), since mages have lower auto-attack multiplier and DPS/haste buffs, ect.
    Over time, mages will gain those stats, and if 1 MA (scout) is made to equal 1 MA (mage), mages will do a lot more DPS than scouts, since they get more DPS from 1 potency. So in order to futureproof the system, you'd probably want to try to make those stats equally valuable for casters and melee...rather than worrying about imbalances occuring slowly as people get new gear and AAs.
  9. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Just scrap that Idea with the Autoattack.
    If i wanted autoattack, i would play a Scout.
    Regards, a Wizard.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

theriatis wrote:
    +1
  11. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

theriatis wrote:
    I agree with this.
  12. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

i have to agree. this mage auto attack will do nothing but further remove unique gameplay.
    just scrap this idea it's nonsense.
  13. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Wondering if we are leading back to original Eq1. Playing a scout in Eq1 was certainly triival and frustrating.
    With the raise of MA, 70% of the dps of scouts now come from auto attack. I m quite sure than many of them are simply half AFk in raids and instances.
    With spell auto attack mages may now dream to be able to AFK too.
    Tanks are already almost afk (due to hate mod and transfert most don't even taunt or use any skill).
    By the end of the year only priests will still play, but i m sure that more form of passive heals and cures will be added.
    By the end of 2012 we will all push one button, we will all be Eq1 scouts.
  14. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

In terms of balance, there is no need to change anything with the addition of mage auto attack. When they add this feature, they are also uncapping DPS mod and rolling Haste over into Flurry for melee players.
    The only real change here will be that proc rates between Spell Casters and Melee will finally equalize.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

From what I hear it's going to be connected to their ranged weapons they they are getting, I could be wrong Still trying to find out all of the info.
  16. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

The information I've read says that there is a new "kind" of item coming that will go in the ranged slot for Mages / Caster Priests. We can already equip Symbols there, but this will be something of a different sort.
  17. ARCHIVED-thegriss Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    Nah when discovery comes out priest wont be around much either... Mercs inc will be a very sad time for EQ2
  18. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Banditman wrote:
    That's what I thought at first too, but it won't stay that way forever. DPS/haste and I think soon even MA will all be on steep diminishing returns curves, so the damage from mage auto-attack will approach the damage from scout auto-attack (sooner or later), while the damage from spells will continue to be higher than the damage from combat arts.
    EDIT: I strongly agree with the "just scrap it" sentiment, but it might even be better if they just didn't emphasize or itemize for it at all and left it to do practically no DPS. That way it would not really do anything besides equalize proc rates.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Not really. Every 200 haste over the cap is 1% flurry. Likewise with DPS mod.
  20. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Gaige wrote:
    I have not hurd any one say anything about real amounts for the Hast to Flurry amount or the new curve on DPS mob.... where did u get this numbers? Are you sure u are not makig them up?