If I want to play both eq2 and EQ original again?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kestran, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Kestran New Member

I hope I can ask here but I am in a bit of a...well not a bind but I have a few questions regarding installing and playing everquest original again. I haven't played it since EQ2 started and I don't even have access to my original account (which is not a problem as I intend to start from scratch).

Now. Here is my question. I already have eq2 installed but when I install eq1 will these games share a start up thingie? I mean, does Daybreak incorporate the logins of their games into one or into one interface, like for instance Origin does for EA games and Steam does for their thing? Or are the games completely seperate?

And by seperate I mean not sharing login or interface. I of course know these are two (and more when talking about the games of Daybreak) different games but its the interface I am wondering about.

If they are not seperate and this is why I am asking...what do I have to do to make sure they are together? In a a login and or interface?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Install them in different folders.

Mine are:

C:\DBG\Everquest
    C:\DBG\EQII

Each has their own launcher icon that is put on the desktop.

Can't play EQ until all 8 plus gigabytes downloads.

You have to add the login account names to the other login interface. Not create one, just add them.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Kestran New Member

Wonderful! Thank you :) So glad that I can use the same login. I don't mind the different interfaces but I like not spreading my games over too many logins if I can.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If you go All Access on one game, you get All Access on the same account in the other game.

You're welcome.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.