If EQ3 Is Ever in Development Again

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by TinyRatongaofDoom, May 20, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...even in WoW, the devs aren't terribly "objective gods" there...I guess the pearl-clutchers will shriek less about the existence of terrible, horrible, corrupting games like ours if the Evil side never wins anything, ever. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, it is in the write-up on them that they all have ginormous, huge, festering chips on their shoulders (well, if their parents were High Elves and Humans, that could explain a bit, and probably why we don't have the option to play Half-Orc toons; one set of brooding Goths is enough ;->), so I guess that's their motivation. ;->

What about everyone else, though... :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

i hadn't noticed any grouchy looks on my high elf and wood elf characters. Can't tell on the one Kerra and one dwarf toon I have.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. tasnee Member

I never played EQ1 when it first came out, I couldn't afford it at the time. It was in 2004 when EQ2 came out that I actually started playing MMOs and I did TRY EQ1, and I have to say, I'm with Uwkete on this. EQ2 is my favorite of the two. I mean, a lot of people will probably say I would have felt differently had I played the first before the second, but I'm not a nostalgic person either. I like that EQ2 really never had the in depth hardcore death system that the first did.

I also like the way the language quests work. I don't wanna have to sit there and listen to some random person talk until I understand them. I like the crafting, I like the collections. Etc, etc.

I have always been really interested in the lore though. So I would love to think of what would happen if Lucan was defeated. I actually think it would be more interesting to see what would happen had he won. I am not a fan of the way freeport looks honestly, but its fun to think about what he would have done with all the other races. I do feel sorry for the fae though, because they were so tortured to become arsai. And of course the dark elf spider things (can't recall the name). I always felt those two things REALLY showed just how evil Lucan, the Neriak Queen, and Mistmoore all really were. Instead of just, "Oh he's evil!" We actually have those examples.

I feel like the rest of the high elfs might have been forced to New Tunaria, and maybe would have been brainwashed with the rest or killed from non-compliance. Maybe Kelethin would have burned. (They really need to do something about that tree in Greater Fay).
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

half elves can also be halve , wood elves or even , dark elves . for my halve elve racial questline I was asked where I come from and all elven parentage was possible .

I played Landmark and we got a good dose of possible lore for EQ next or what ever you want to call it .
    It appeared that most races just where establishing new homes after the world had gone through a disaster .
    Conflict arose because of people wanting the same resources or the same space .
    No real "good " or "evil ".
    The game is set in a time before EQ1 .

the Ogres are not kind of on the primitive side , they build cities and are educated ( some big blocks of rock must have fallen on most of them before the time line of EQ1 )

the idea was to limit the amount of races too , so no choice between 20 or more races .

The characters had big simple faces to allow for a wide variation of expressions .
    We were able to wear nice flowing outfits .
    The armor system is more simple too .
    But it all failed , because the idea of being to control your environment and changing the world literally was just to much for regular computers and laptops .

there also was the idea that any event happening on any server could change that server for good .
    if nobody puts out the fire and fights of the attackers , the farm will burn down to the ground , and the farmers will die .

The tree in Kelethin that's on fire , the fire goes out when you do the questline , in EQ2 now , sound like somebody did not do her quests .

And there are good and kind people in Neriak and Freeport , just as there are selfish and corrupt people in Qeynos .

Not even EQ2 is all black and white .
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  6. tasnee Member

I did do the quests, but not on the character I usually play, so I didn't remember.

Also, yes there are good and evil on both sides, and you're right, not everything is in black and white. I was just saying that overall, it would be interesting to see.
    Schmetterling likes this.