IE9 not working properly with new forums

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Juraviel, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Juraviel Active Member

Hey there, looks like you're using an outdated browser.
    Functions and graphics of this forum may not work correctly,
    so please update to the most current!

I see the above message in a red box under the SOE logo at the top of the forums when using IE9. Sure enough the graphics on the forum page are all wonky, scattered over the page, I can't click links, change font sizes etc. I installed Firefox and everything works great with that browser so I uninstalled IE9, which reverted me back to IE8 and the same thing happens using that version. I just downloaded and reinstalled IE9 again and the same thing is happening.

Is this happening to anyone else? I'm using IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421, update version 9.0.10 for Windows 7 64 bit.
  2. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Not sure why this is happening. Have you tried using a different browser to see if you get the same error? Mind taking a screenshot of this?
  3. Juraviel Active Member

Yes I have downloaded and tried the Firefox browser and everything works fine there. It's only with IE9 and IE8 ( once I reverted back as posted above ) that I am having these issues. Below is a screenshot of what I am seeing :

[IMG]

Take note of the red box in the upper left and the Everquest II logo which is directly over the beta forum.. can't even click that forum due to the graphic. There are more graphical errors near the bottom of the page which did not get captured in my screenshot.
  4. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Check the Tools menu and make sure Compatibility View is not checked. I am making this particular post with IE9 right now. Main browser is Firefox 16.0.2 though. If I check Compatibilty View then I get the red box with the outdated browser message.
  5. Virrago Community Relations

^ This will fix it ^
  6. starbuck Member

Hey Paul nice to see your still around. BTW forums work fine with Chrome.
  7. Juraviel Active Member

That worked. Thanks everyone!
  8. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Sweet! Let us know if you encounter any more issues.