ideas for pred buffs.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by discomboblatron, Sep 27, 2022.

1. discomboblatron New Member

seems rangers and assassins are pretty much the worst classes, period. they can maybe do comparable single target damage to summoners at best, a little bit less usually. while having nothing in terms of utility for a raid team. they either need just a flat base damage buff, or some sort of worthwhile utility added. if i were to make a suggestion for each option...probably like flat 15% or so damage buff across the board. that sounds pretty big but they genuinely are good for nothing else at the moment in my opinion.

for utility...maybe assassin's apply poison could be raidwide? or maybe murderous design could do more than just transfer threat, which is pretty much useless. it'd have to be a powerful buff to be worth dragging along an assassin...toss some more stats on it. perhaps some reuse? 15% or so, idk. more for later tiers of the spell of course. 15 multi attack too, yep. maybe give them a group-wide flurry buff, or proc maybe...5 flurry or so. or maybe an assassin can increase their raid's frequency of proc effects from gear. be it prismatic damage proc, some random heal proc from a pair of boots, everything. proc gear now becomes more useful if your raid runs an assassin, making you reconsider certain pieces.

ranger utility...perhaps more defensively oriented. raid-wide avoidance buff. maybe toss some more offensive debuffs on more of their abilities. perhaps a small portion of their damage is converted into a small group heal, or perhaps they have a group cure proc. maybe they have a death save which kills them in exchange.

what seems most pleasing from a roleplay/aesthetic perspective to me would be give rangers the defensive utility, and just give assassins the 15% base damage buff.

really there's a million things you could do, just do something for them please lol. oh and concealment for assassins is annoying, please make it in plain sight lol. hate getting knocked out of stealth every time a light breeze comes along.

thoughts?
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

Ideas that have been discussed many times over the past few years. Good luck
  3. Fantasy_Splitpaw New Member

The problem is the age of the game, and that it seems to be pretty much on maintenance mode now.
    While I agree with your post, there are to be fair far more serious issues (since they affect the game in general and not just any 1 specific class or archetype): the changes that were made to itemisation since I stopped playing on Live messed up so many things it's hard to say where to start:
    - the crafting system needs a complete overhaul;
    - some classes' buffs need to be re-imagined since they were made obsolete (or at best next to useless): Songster's Luck, Aegolism, Virtue, Graceful Avoidance, ... just to name a few.
    - Some classes such as Templar need a proper self-buff for resists.
  4. DENSER Well-Known Member

and yes, the game has passed through the hands of different groups. the goal is not to improve the gameplay or to polish a class or a game system, no. the goal is to get the most out of it before total exhaustion.
    This is the purpose of a company, it must be understood. And for a game with such a long longevity, it's already a miracle to still have devs, servers and future expansions .

All these ideas that we can have, will come drop by drop. After their annual obligations, profitability, next extension.

E.g, I posted in the bug section, a problem concerning a bruiser spell, lack of precision, spell level not apparent, impossibility of up via spell resarch. ( And yet existing as a adept or expert )
    No response, after much research, the subject has been dormant for years. we deal with it.
    Like classes, you get used to it or not. This is not their prime objective
  5. discomboblatron New Member

i realize they have no intention of improving the game, i just think it's fun to theory craft and imagine. you can point out how they only care about money all you want, but the best way to make said money is up for debate. i for one think it'd be improving the game.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Predators do not need a damage boost, they are fine where they are.

They do need some group utility.

Assassin:
    Make Apply Poison a group wide buff

Ranger:
    Make all of Focus Aim's buff apply to the group and increase the base duration from 10 to 20 seconds and increase the cooldown from 1 minute to 2 minutes.

Both:
    Make Honed Reflexes a group wide buff, reduce the duration from 60 to 30 seconds and reduce the cooldown from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
  7. Elenova Member

Idk why but this made me laugh. Actually I know exactly why lol. This would be perfect.
  8. discomboblatron New Member

heh! somebody got the joke :p