Ideal Group?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Controlor, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

Just a quick question on ideal group for paladins.
    This is what i am thinking...
    Illusionist
    Dirge
    Conjuror (or Assassin)
    Mystic
    Inquisitor
    --Reasons--
    A lot of paladins dps is proc based and this group set up has plenty of procs.
    I say illy > coercer primarily because we dont need coercer hate gain. However doing so gives up 10% potency from the buff, and that buff that turns our taunt into dmg spell (which makes our single target taunt decent DPS). However we gain benefits from illy namely in the form of TW, AI, DR, and haste. The haste helps dropping our 6 second weps to the possible max of 2.7 sec delay. Even though our melee dps isnt as high as the other tank classes, it is still at the top of our parse. Time warp now that it is group buff allows us to time it for Refusal of Atonement -> Ancient wrath -> Smite Evil. Spell DA on those 3 = big hits. AI for 20% more melee aoe chance as well as the 5% flurry. Destructive Rampage gives us a temporary 10% potency boost so that the perma 10% doesnt hurt so bad being lost.
    Dirge for the reasons that dirges are good for melee classes. Gives defense, procs, etc, etc. If we need the +hate gain they have it 37% really is plenty dont need the full 50% with the coercer.
    Conjy for their proc buff, and Elemental Toxicity. As well as gives us an amends target for the loss of a coercer transfer, and scout transfer. Assassin for them putting their dot proc buff on us, and again amends target. (This is the one that i am the least confident about).
    Mystic... Healing is excelent, Buffs are excelent, Stampede is AWESOME. Also if you can convince them to give you RoA for even more awesomeness. Spell reuse would help out paladin dps a lot.
    Inquisitor .... Healing is excelent, Buffs are excelent, They have that one awesome proc buff, as well as a haste / dps buff. All in all good 2nd choice.
    We lose a bit of "defensive" buffs that a temp or a warden would give. But we gain a lot of DPS. Any thoughts???
  2. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Two healers? No.
    Paladin
    Inquisitor or Defiler (but really any healer works)
    Coercer
    Dirge
    Troubador
    Warlock
    Of course, this presumes that the Coercer, Dirge and Troub can all find their DPS buttons. If they're just along for the ride as buffbots, it's not going to work as well.
  3. ARCHIVED-Controlor Guest

I should specify. 2 healers was ment for ideal group in raids. In group change out the inq with another class for sure, Troub is fine for that. I still say in heroic content illy > coercer for buffs.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

For a main tank group?
    Paladin
    Templar
    Defiler
    Coercer
    Dirge
    Assassin
    For off-tank, your group makeup is fine; you could also go with something like a Wizard or Warlock, and swap in a Troub instead of the Dirge.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xaviour Guest

paladin
    inqy
    coercer
    dirge
    troub
    brigand

is a fun group

also
    paladin
    illy
    warlock
    conj
    troub
    fury
  6. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

Arandar@Everfrost wrote:
    I'd go warden for the healer and prefer an illy to the coercer, but the rest is the same.
    ... but then I'm biased as I play a warden and an illy too :)