Idea for different kind of quest.

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Airvh, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Airvh Active Member

My idea for a quest is to do something that people would really have to make a decision if they want to spend the time to do it or not. The reward would be high but what would need to be given up would also be very high.
    Quick idea for story of quest.
    An extremely powerful mage has a need of people's knowledge, power, lifeforce to be able to do his ... research. He promises that if you allow him to take it he can later reward you.
    The GMs can come up with the quest specifics itself but here are the basics. You are able to get the quest for ONE character PER account. Make it an item in the /claim window to start the quest that way it will make sure its only ONE per account. You have to be lvl 100 to start the quest. When the quest is accepted a couple things happen to the character.
    Character goes from lvl 100 to lvl 90.
    Character's XP gets a Negative 1000% put on it for the duration of the quest.
    The quest will require you to be level 100 to finish it.
    Character can only gain one level per 3 or 4 days. Just to lower people super grinding to lvl 100 in 1 day.
    There can be other things added to make it slightly harder also that I haven't thought of yet.

The Reward would be either a Base number boost of stats like 1000 to Main stat, STR AGI WIS INT, or a percentage boost like +10% to Main stat. The boost wouldn't be anything like an adorn or piece of gear. It would just be added to your character's current stats forever.

I just hope a GM happens to take a look and comes up with something like this AND doesn't make it simple easy like most quests the game has. I just hate it when people complain how tough something is and then its made wimpy easy later. Also all of the numbers here are just what I thought up and if you think something else would work better please post about it.
  2. Mezaka Active Member

While a creative idea, no.

Also, your logic is flawed. If you delevel a character to 90, and the only way they can get back to level 100 is to just wait around for 3 or 4 days at a time for their levels to magically reappear, then what is really the point of the quest? Setting a person's character to -1000% earned isn't going to help them in any way to get back to level 100, no matter whether they kill, quest, explore undiscovered locations, or the like.

A quest like you are suggesting, with rewards like that, should be at the very end of game, of which, maybe 1 % of the total population will ever see in the current expansion.

--Mez
  3. Airvh Active Member

Nothing would magically reappear. With my idea the 3 or 4 day time would be to only allow ONE level to be gained during that time. If someone wanted to take a month to gain one level they are welcome to it, but they aren't getting anything for free with this quest idea.

The neg 1000% xp would be to make it HARD to get back. Not EASY.

Calculations for a normal person playing:
    Vitality Bonus = 200%
    Veteran Bonus = 80% - say they have four lvl 100 characters
    XP Potion = 110% - most normal xp pots are 110%
    QUEST = -1000% - Ouch
    -------------------------------
    Equals: Negative 610% XP. So they would have to get a ton of Extra XP to do it.

Your idea of 1% of total population could be right. I don't know. But I did say people would have to make a choice if they were going to do it. If the person didn't think they could handle it then they can always NOT do the quest.
  4. Ashlie Active Member

With negative 610% xp they'd be going backwards, that doesn't make it hard, that makes it impossible.
  5. Goldra Active Member

I agree with Ashlie because basic response is going to be - this is taking away stats to do a quest and seems to be a negative reward system even if they ever get this accomplish. So why would anybody do this at all? There isn't enough reward to lose that much, nobody would gain anything they didn't already have and there isn't a silver lining anywhere.