Idea for a Veteren Reward Exchange NPC

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Zarador, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

I was thinking the other day when I made a new toon on the account what a shame it was that when I started playing I claimed rewards (Came in from Stormhammer, All Access) that were never used on the toons that I claimed them on. Now I know, it was me who claimed the rewards and I should have been far more responsible, however I was not. We do in fact have NPC Vendors that allow you to buy back that Heritage Quest item or book in some cases that you may have sold. Why not have an NPC that allows you to turn in a reward that you claimed, but did not use, and have it added back to your account to use on another toon that has not claimed the item. I'm not in anyway suggesting that you be able to claim duplicate rewards on the same toon, but rather to be able to take those potions off of the toon that you left in the dust and use them on the toon that your really enjoying for the trade skills, adventuring or both.
  2. ARCHIVED-Selfea Guest

[p]This is a fabulous idea! I had to have a deleted character of mine resurrected and made a trustee of my main's house so that I could have the pre-order items (like Antonia Bayle statue) in the house. If I could have had the original character simply put those items back into the 'pool' of claimable items, I'd have been able to claim them on my now-main and make the whole thing less complicated.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-EtoilePirate Guest

It'd be great if you could turn in partial rewards, too. For example I've /claimed all my vet rewards on my main, but she has been at all 3 level caps (50, 60, 70) in her adventure levels and I mostly just wanted the Tradeskill XP gain potions. It would be awesome -- though, of course, entirely unlikely to happen -- if I could trade the XP potions in for use on a character that can actually use them. Of course in the meantime, I assume that someday in a far and distant future, the level cap will go up to 80, and when I'm grinding out 79 I'll be glad of them. ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Balic Guest

Nice idea. I know I am stuck with my first character (just taking up a slot as he's on a different server than what I play) because I simply don't want to lose some of the items.
  5. ARCHIVED-nitrous Guest

[p]Now this is a good idea. I would like to add one more feature to it. Taht is the ability to split out a reward across more than one char on the same account. Here is what I mean. When the new sever titles go in soon (if tehy are notr there yet) I will be abel to /claim my 3yr reward. Now in the past this has generally included a title along with XP and TS xp modifiers. Well my main is the one I give all my titles to but it is also level 70 so XP modifiers do me little good. I would love to claim teh title for her and then give one of my alts the XP modifiers.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Tayros Guest

[face="verdana,geneva"]Great idea. I changed servers and the rewards stuck to the account, not the toon. I'd like my pets back, I miss them.[/face]
  7. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

I just figured that like many in the heat of the moment I do dumb things. That's prolly one of the reasons why they allow you to *pawn* your HQ Items. You sell the J-Boots at a young level when 60 Gold looked like $1,000,000 and well worth the exchange. You get older and those boots would look great in your 5 room Estate. The game lets you buy them back. You make toon class "X" and have a blast for 20 levels, this is the one, the toon I been looking to make. Ten levels go by and your 30 with all those potions and rewards claimed. <Sighs> I should never made this toon, after looking into [insert class] I really would like to try one. You try the class and stick with it...without the rewards. I guess we all make mistakes, I just wish this was one we were allowed to correct. I mean obviously, they threw in those rewards because they know no matter how much you enjoy a toon or trade skill, you run into those brutal times or levels when a little boost would just make it a bit easier and more enjoyable. Those levels where the next level offers a awesome pet, spell or item you can make, but it's taking two years and a day to get there?
  8. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

[p]I like the idea. I'd love to be able to get my original AB statue and other one toon goodies back from my poor forgotten toons on Butcherblock. I'm assuming for potions and stuff, you are talking about an unused stack and not a single dose left over after using 2 of them. I do have a question though. Do people collect every reward possible for their toon all at once? I never collected something until I was going to use it. None of mine have ever claimed or used a field repair kit, or a magic mirror. Only a couple have used even the lowest level Adventure experience potions. I can see where a person might wind up with a bunch of Tradeskill exp potions when they don't tradeskill, but how do you get to a max level and have a ton of potions left over if you are prone to use them at all? Sure let them be refundable and all, it just escapes me how they were claimed if they were never going to be used.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Zarador Guest

Exactly, totally unused and only to be given to another toon that has never claimed that item. I mean, they already have it set so you can't claim an item twice on the same toon, how hard could it be to allow us to hand over the unused item to a NPC and have the account credited? As far as the claiming of the items in the 1st place, I take total blame for that. In the heat of the moment I honestly thought I would have enjoyed a pally, even played him 26 levels I believe. Claimed all the items, then fell in love with playing a Mystic...got him to 63 so far, so I'm fairly serious about him. I use him as a healer with my 70 Necro.
  10. ARCHIVED-IrishJen77 Guest

This is a fabulous idea. We all play the game for different reasons and what might be really important to some might not be to others - but some of the rewards (titles, house items) are really important to me. I didn't understand the 3 character limit rule when I first started and I ended up really messing up some of my rewards. Titles like "the Loyal" and "the Dedicated" should be reusable on all characters! For some of us, it means a little something. Same with house items. I've claimed house items on toons I thought I would be attached to for a long time only to find that I ended up hating the character/class and would remake. As is, I now either don't claim my rewards or claim them on my main whom I honestly have near permanently retired for I know, no matter what, I'll never delete her.