I'd love to see some new and improved guild halls

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Senya, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Senya Well-Known Member

I love my T2 guild hall, but I wish it was
    • available in one of the more neutral locations and
    • had an actual outdoor area for a garden or stable
    I love the easy accessibility of the T3 guild halls and that's about it. The places are just so big I can't imagine any guild actually using all that space every day. Most guild halls have a few rooms with the high traffic amenities in them and even if the rest of the hall is decorated no one ever really sees it. The hall itself is entirely too big to decorate with the item count it has. Even more item count wouldn't help because a T3 guild hall is a lag nightmare for alot of folks already. Some people can't use them at all and others avoid them because of the load times.

I'd love to see some T2.5 guild halls in neutral locations with about the same size interior as a T2 plus an outdoor courtyard area (a small one).
    Kitzy, Feara, Perrigrin and 1 other person like this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

That and lift the item limit. You can't even use vault expanders in guild halls now.... WTH!
    Feara, Perrigrin and Senya like this.
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have some additional choices for guild halls! Definately ones more in line with the current T1 or T2 size.
    Kitzy, Feara and Senya like this.
  4. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Agreed. I refuse to move Homes and Tomes' hall from New Halas, simply because it's the most neutral "good" style guild hall. We've managed to streamline our hall so that we aren't at capped items, but we've cut out a lot of decorations and space to do so--our hall is technically only three rooms large, although two of those rooms are divided up into offices.

We debated moving to a T2 for a while, but the higher cost of the hall and the loss of the neutral location wasn't worth the minuscule item count increase.

A larger hall in a neutral location (halls in New Halas and Gorowyn) or even also on the docks of Antonica and Commonlands would be nice.
    Senya likes this.
  5. Amoara New Member

I'd like to see different styles of guild halls as well. Also, I'd like to see them published like the homes and to be able to place sc items in there would be really great!
    Feara and Senya like this.
  6. Senya Well-Known Member

You can use the crafted dimensional pocket expander (+100) on a guild hall, but not either of the marketplace expanders. I used one on my personal guild hall when it was in a T1, and then again when I moved it to a T2. The description doesn't specify guild hall when the item is examined but it does work on the halls for anyone that might help.

Even so there are prestige houses (with expanders) that meet the item count on a T2 hall (with expander) and exceed that of the T1 halls (with expander). I'd love to have a bit more item count in all the guild halls and it's something I've /feedbacked and posted for many times.
  7. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul guild hall, please!

Though I think my guild leader might throttle me if I suggest we move halls again. ;)
    Feara likes this.
  8. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

I'd like to see new guild halls as well. It seems like it's time. The only way I've survived decorating two T3's was to block off some rooms and/or the second floor. Also, as Senya said most folks don't even go and look at all the rooms and the current item count isn't nearly enough for the massive space.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I've always wanted halls that reflect the design of the other cities they're found in.
    Kitzy and Feara like this.
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

You can't use them on guild halls anymore. Tried yesterday and you get a message that says you may only use in a house. I know with 100% certainty that it use to work. Not sure when or why they took it out but I was pissed.
  11. Senya Well-Known Member

Are you the leader of the guild? You have to be on a character that's flagged as leader of the guild to use them on a guild hall.
    Feara likes this.
  12. Kesstryl Member

I'm a guild leader and hall owner, and the dimensional pocket expander WORKS! Thank you!
    Feara likes this.
  13. grlnxtdr Active Member

While I have no Plans of Moving our GH from SQ, I agree there should be More Options available. As our guild has the word Halas in it's Name, it would have been Nice have been able to move to a t2 GH in halas. Now I've invested so much time decorating our Hall in SQ as a Family Style Manor Home, And don't think I would want to start over from Scratch (Although It is far from Completely Decorated, and I am planning to redo a Portion of it before Frostfell)
  14. Savanna New Member

I'm a guild leader and I would have to agree with Deveryn, I would like to see the guild halls reflect the city that the hall is in. Have the inside of the hall itself look like the inside of the housing from that city. My guild hall is in Kelethin and it looks like the inside of a Qeynos hall. I have nothing against the Qeynos halls, but that is not where my guild hall is located.
    Feara likes this.
  15. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Yes please please PLEASE either get rid or or raise the item count in the guild halls to something sufficient enough to be able to do whatever kind of decor you want to do!
    Feara likes this.
  16. Kisy Active Member

I would love an increased item count, for every tier of guild hall.

Though we started in a T1, moved to T2, then to a T3, we found the lag was so horrendous on the t3 it wasn't worth it so we moved to a T1. The T1 really is large enough to hold everything you need, even with every room being decorated. Our current guild hall has everything we need and nicely decorated, all within the confines of the T1 guild hall. ( there is only one room not decorated at this point, and that is because we havne't decided how we want to do our Trophy Room yet. ) :rolleyes:

I agree that where the hall is located should reflect the city / township it is located in. Kelethin guild halls should be ( ok, more for example ) all nature like ( maybe even an open air feel since it is in the trees ); Halas all rocky, icy and wood; Gorowyn natural, red woods, etc.; etc. I was really disappointed to see the Kelethin guild hall looking like the Qeynos ones. :(
  17. Zanbarbone Member

PLEASE !!!! Make Harrows End into a guild hall PLEASE !!!!
    -OR-
    Atleast make it into a prestige house with the working floating floors and tube thingies
  18. Deveryn Well-Known Member

This is what I've been begging for every time this subject comes up. I would also like to see T2 halls accessible in the neutral territories. I'm coming up on level 50 for my guild and it would be great if I could upgrade and stay in Gorowyn.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

I actually was a driving force behind the decoration of Kharma's guild hall and yes we had to make cuts to fill most of the rooms even then two vestibules were cut entirely. I would love another Nerian or Gorowynian(sp?) Guild hall.