Icy Keep

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Harvash Guest

As pointed out already, I think ya'll think WAY too big. My plat would be on a link to the LS revamp.

G.
  2. ARCHIVED-Iagan the Swarthy Guest

Mary the Prophetess wrote:
    What did the dragon say? I did the quest, but missed his speech.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

It was just a comment it made; something about , "A case of ice should hold you, you have NOT heard the last from me!", or words to that effect.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Velious is an option. They're making a habit of building up through their expansions. This could be the start of the story *Shrugs*
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    Zeb's prophecy also states that the age of dragons has come to a close, meaning they will no longer play any major storylines in the game like they did in KoS. If this is a prelude to Velious, then Zeb's prophecy is wrong.
  6. ARCHIVED-Iagan the Swarthy Guest

Didn't Zeb's prophecy more accurately state that the time of dragons was coming to an end? That would seem to imply that it is not yet over, and we don't know exactly what will bring about that end.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Meaning they're not as prevelent. That doesn't mean that another dragon can't come along and basically go, "Hahaha, i'm here, i'm all powerful, and i'm ready to kick some puny little human rear end."
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I Chose Halas because it is closer to where the Dragon escaped from (Frostfell Village, has in the past, shown up as part of Everfrost) The fact that Barbarians like to Drink almost as much as Dwarves (A HOTLY debated topic in it's own right with many a barfights and hangovers to prove it.) make it seem like it might be a decent area to have a Brell's Day Event.
    Sure you could have it in Velious but that is more an expansion level addition then a free-content level.
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    That is why I don't think it is Velious... it is just to early to start a run up to Expainsion events anyway... heck they probly are just starting the early stages of development(brainstorming and such) now.
    I do see a Naggy connection cause of the comming LS update. Also as far as the Naggy chapter being closes... well I seem to remember Naggy sitting on a whole clutch of Prismatic Eggs that suposedly we will have to deal with someday.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    Lol that's great!
  11. ARCHIVED-Disgustipate Guest

kela wrote:
    Well, who knows what the delivery is going to be? New expansions have lead up over months, and we get tons of little events and updates. It seems early, but I also remember filling out a survey post-TSO asking a preference between yearly expansions or bi-yearly expansions- Maybe bi-yearly won, and we're to expect something in what, May?
    With Gninja in the thread, I'd like to throw my hat in for Velious. Give us a Coldain player race altered ala Erudites!
  12. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

So you want ice dwarves with large foreheads? *confused*
  13. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

Well with that new Mount being summoned from the Western Wastes...kinda thinking a Temple of Veeshan is inc! Bleh, I can wish for Vulak`Aerr can't I?
  14. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Disgustipate wrote:
    I seriously doupt they would be switching to a twice a year expainsion this soon after a full year cycle expainsion even if it did win(wich I also doupt, because even with all the complaining I seriously doupt you will find anyone that will say DoF or KoS is better in total then TSO). It would be more likly to come closer to summer, as they would then have the lead time to build 2 expainsion teams again.
    Also I remember a dev saying something at Fan Faire about Frostfell either being done or started around Feb of '08, so that would put it's development(including Icy Keep) in line with TSO development and long befor any thought of expainsion 6.
    Is this a lead up to a major content update... most likly... is it a lead up to an expainsion... I seriously doupt it... as such I doupt it will be Velious... though that does not mean the devs won't be adding Velious for Expainsion 6... as that one will more likly then not be a Cap Raising expainsion, and I can definatly see Velious as a "More Dangerous" area... even with the Ice Covering it gone.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

I doubt this is a lead in to a major expansion, I think Halas may be a good guess.
    As for the next major expansion, there are three candidates that I see:
    Odus
    Velious
    The Underfoot
    I'm guessing Odus myself.
  16. ARCHIVED-Trevalon Guest

1. If you think they dont have the next 3 expansions already planned your nuts. I remember back in the day Smedley saying they were physically and actively working 3 expansions ahead on EQ1 at one time (THough this was when they were pumping out xpacs every 6 months and I believe it was they next xpac would be "almost done" The xpac after that was in the "Middle stages" and the 3rd xpac was in the "planning/development" stages).
    I am quite sure Sony already knows exactly what areas they are going to release xpac wise for the next few years.
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Trevalon wrote:
    Consitering this expainsion ENDED the major story Arc for the Launch of the game, I doupt they know what is comming expainsion wise a year in advance. Also Like you said when they where working 3 expainsions ahead that was when they where craking out 2 a year... with a once a year expainsion they have more time to work on the story and such. Also when know for a fact that the Major part of the TSO storyline was finished just befor Vhalen left last year wich means for TSO atleast they did not have the Storyline set until this time or latter last year... meaning they just now are likly finnishing up the Expainsion 6 storyline(almost a year after FF '08 Development was complete), and again we are a LONG way from Expainsion 6s release(heck they have not even registered the name yet), so I seriously doupt this has anything to do with the build up to that... Besides if it was part of the Expainsion build up they would have said so... like they did with the E.day Poem from last year.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Another reason for Halas is there would be an even number of cities for each faction (Kelithin could be Good Neutral or Halas could end up as such with Kelethin's guards getting some training.)
  19. ARCHIVED-criminson scale Guest

Well I honestly don't know...How would that baby dragon sync up with Halas? (Not that I don't want it to be lol)

And if it is a new city, it might make sense, I mean look at how neriak and darklight were relesed.
  20. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    I would say that Halas would be the Marshal city(like Nariak) as barbs tend to be that way in the first place, and add to that a new Dragon in the area and it would make a good reason to have lots of troups on the street.