Ice Shape and nox procs..

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-TauronFoehammer, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-TauronFoehammer Guest

While in WOE the other day, a generally well respected Necro was complaining that my Ice Shape was screwing up his parse because his debuffs are Nox based... When I read Ice Shape it says it changes Heat and Magic to Ice damage... is it ninja changing his nox attacks to ice as well? I really don't understand how else Ice Shape could harm a Necros DSP....?
  2. ARCHIVED-Trilarian-2 Guest

Ice spears should have a comparable debuff amount to what the necro can debuff noxious. So if it did convert his noxious spells, I don't see the dps dropping much (unless you are not keeping your debuff up) since he would then use your debuff + the proc damage. Furthermore, necros don't have as many long cast high hitters as wizards do, they are more fast cast lighter damage. Since they would be casting more spells than you in the same effect window, I would think they'd like the extra damage proc to every spell. I've never had a complaint from any mage about putting up iceshape/frigid gift combo.

The only case where this would not apply is a noxious stacked group. For example, an sk + defiler + necro + dirge would all be debuffing noxious which would be more than your single cold debuff.
  3. ARCHIVED-TauronFoehammer Guest

He was non-specific as to how or why this was harming his DPS. Has anyone else heard this complaint from Necros, or was he just pissed cause I cast Rays one too many times? When I tired to press him on how it affected him he just said he hated wizzy spells.....
  4. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

Throndor@Najena wrote:
    He is an idiot because the M1 necro nox debuff thing that goes on the pet or w/e, debuffs the mob for 1463 and your icelash/iceshape jazz makes all his spells cold, which we debuff 1926 elemental damage (5 AA in ice spears). Maybe if he knew his stuff before complaining to you, he would realize you are straight up raising his dps because his dmg type is debuffed greater and you are still giving him a free dmg proc.
    Any mage who tells a wizard not to hit ice lash is an in the wrong. Outside of Enchanter buffs that is the best groupwide dmg increaser a mage naturally brings to their group.
    And he should be sad Rays is going away. Unless you interrupted his Lifeburns/rezzes/pet summon you were doing him a favor.