Ice flame question

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

I checked out the spell description for this spell and I noticed that it shows two damage numbers, I presume one for ice and one for old. Does that mean that it hits twice each cast, 400+ each time, making it land for 800+ total? If that's the case, it may be worth making into an adept III.

Can anyone lvl 35+ confirm how this spell works, exactly?
  2. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

It has the chance to inflict instant heat & cold damage, in addition to a 68%snare on the target. So yes, it can hit up to 845dmg at Adept3 and 737dmg at App4 according to the spell inspection when it has been mastered.
    I'd recommend upgrading it as it lands on just about any mob I've ever encountered.
  3. ARCHIVED-Atdan Guest

I love this spell and still use it at 49 and Yes it's worth upgrading to adept3 as Splatterpunk points out.
    If my root breaks and they are closing in this one will usually finish them off :smileyhappy:
  4. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

I like this spell...

I think its good for finishing group HOs if its up, as its so rare both hits are resisted
  5. ARCHIVED-Oakbrow Guest

I use Ice Flame constantly, and reccomend upgrading to adept 3 when you can. The only complaint I have about the spell is that the range is much shorter than our other spells. Many times, I'll root a mob at max range, and start blasting with ND/BSS, Noxious Bolt, etc. with no problem...but when I try to add Ice Flame I get the "Target too far away" message. Really wish it had the same range as our other spells...
  6. ARCHIVED-Kvenau Guest

Amen to the range problem.

In raids it can mean death on some mobs w/ barrage.

Typically only when not paying 100% attention :p

Last time we did Zek, the blobs were pulled and everyone charge them as usual. I walked up into ice flame range and ate a barrage and got 1-shotted.

We don't spin them around on that fight because of the short amount of time given to clear them. I just wasn't paying attention and ate it. Not good for a warlock to die so early on such a DPS-heavy fight :)

Oh well. Just be careful with the range on this spell.
  7. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

Kinda off topic: The range on this spell does annoy me, but when out in normal group i tend to pull aggro a lot. I try and stay in Ice Flame range so that when I pull aggro the mob doesnt run a mile away from the tank to get to me.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

Well, I went ahead and got an adept3 of this spell. I'm not terribly impressed though; 30 second recast? That means I can use it once per fight maybe... Damage around 500-600 is decent, but nothing to write home about.

Well, I don't know. Maybe I'll grow to like this spell more. For now, it's - meh.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

Yeah, shame its so long I cast it in my order where ND, BSS and nox bolt are all down -- fills the gap nicely i think
  10. ARCHIVED-Atdan Guest

Yep thats why I like this spell also by the time I hit with those 3 spells I finish off with this one or my root has broken and it can save my life. By the time you get into your mid to upper 40's you will have grown to love it.