I really screwed up my AA

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by I screwed up with AA, Jun 6, 2017.

1. I screwed up with AA New Member

So, I was playing my level 75 Warden, and I decided to fix some errors I'd made in the AA when I was five (I had started playing at five years old). Well, earlier after my sudden rejoin to the game with family,I decided (very idiotically) to fill out unused slot 2 for a more tradeskill build, ever though I shouldn't have. So now I have one unused slot a few months later.
    Okay, so I find the flaws in my first built (NEVER EVEN USED THE SECOND ONE) and remake it in the third slot. my only problem? I needed Tunare's Grace (not a big deal) and Rebirth and I was out of slot room. If you know me, Rebirth is ESSENTIAL, so i was like crap, what am i gonna do? My old build sucked (I was upgrading my charm and screwed up after that) and this new one doesn't have key spells.
    How can I reset it was a google search, and I saw Advancement Counsel. Alright, KElethin is my home city so I'll go there.
    I go to Kelethin and I spam the crap out of the Alternate Advancement button when you right click. She didn't work at all.
    What do I do? I haven't tried another one yet, but I'm doing that as you read.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

long ago they got rid of the AA mirror and of the counselor. You can edit and change any of your profile, just load click some button at the bottom and click in the column on the left and you can roll back or delete a skill.

On top of the 3 active profiles that you can change anywhere (out of combat), you can store as many as you want and load the one you want from any house.

As often the interface is not very intuitive or polished but play around and you will get it.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

OP, you can just rebuild from scratch and save over any builds you don't like.

If you are a member you can rollback individual points, if you are playing free you'll have to do larger resets, but it sounds like you want to do that anyway.
  4. I screwed up with AA New Member

I'm not a member (unfortunaly), and how do I rebuild from scratch? I can't figure out how to save over builds.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I can't see it on my UI but to the left of the "Commit" button on your AA window you should be able to click to change modes from view (the default) to build.

In build mode you should be able to click on the ability icons on the right hand side of the window and get the choice to roll back to the one you click on. If you want to get rid of them all you can just click the very first one. It's been awhile since I messed with my aa profiles but you should be able to use that to roll all the way back and start over. Then it's just a matter of committing & saving the changes.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

you will have to play around with it, its kinda complicated, but you basically try a new setup or get into the edit/build option of you AA and click on the bubbles on the sidebar showing your AA choices over the time and if you click on them (as a member, not sure about F2P), you can roll them back. You might want to just start fresh with a totally new build. I think you can have like 3 or 4 different AA setups, depending on your needs. (Stronger pets or more spell power for casters, more tanking or more damage for melee, etc).
  7. I screwed up with AA New Member

Thanks! I figured it out :)
    Katz and Finora like this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Cool!
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

When I returned recently, I had to redo all the AA's for all my alts that I intended to play. My trick is this: Click the Advancement menu option on the left, each one of those buttons has its own "memory" and it can be reset by the button next to the Commit button on the lower right.

Once you click the unlock button (that looks like a video plug to me), you can then scroll up on the right, and click the top button, select rollback, and then Commit/Save.

Now you have an empty AA profile that is "live" meaning you can't spend more points than you actually have. There is no need to plan future points.

Although it's "live" I often click the unlock button and commit again without changing anything before I go adventuring. I've noticed that some skills and updates don't work perfectly if you don't re-commit / re-save.

I don't know what the comment about houses was, do you mean if you're in your house, you can save more than a few versions without overwriting? I'm not sure I"ve ever done that.

I often swap between saved versions that are all the same, except for which prestige tradeskill is maxed out. So 3 versions is enough, but if there is a way to save others, I'd like to know.