I need some UI help!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Toaskornot, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Toaskornot New Member

I recently started playing, about 3 weeks ago, and would like to change my UI. I have been using EQ2 Maps and just downloaded Drums UI, but had issues.

Therefore, I have a few questions:

1. Can I use EQ2 Maps AND another UI at the same time, like Drums? Or is it one or the other?
    If I can use both, how do I set it up. I downloaded Drums UI, after already having used EQ2 Maps for 2 weeks. My eq2.ini was already created by eq2 maps and when I tried adding a few (2) lines to "direct?" it to Drums, I lost the eq2 maps functionality and also had no change to the UI in terms of what Drums would look like.

2. If I can use something along with EQ2 Maps, if I cant use Drums AND eq2, what is a good and viable option?

Thank you ahead of time.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I can't speak specifically for DrumsUI (since I use ProfitUI), but if it works anything like Profit, then all you should need to change is the first couple of items in the .ini file. First, remove the additional lines you put in (if you haven't already). Next change the first two items to something close to this*:

Code:
    cl_ui_subdir UI/
    cl_ui_skinname DrumsUI
    As I said, I use ProfitUI, and it does pretty much everything I need it to do. Some people swear by Drums, and I haven't heard a consistent complaint about it not working with EQ2MAP**.

* Someone that uses Drums can let us now if it is exactly like that, or if something needs to be slightly altered. If all else fails, try slight changes from the above until something works.
    ** And given the nature of many members of our beloved community, it is next to impossible that there would not be consistent complaints if Drums was completely incompatible with EQ2MAP***. :eek: :p
    *** Yes, I know that both DrumsUI and EQ2MAP are 3rd-party programs. That hasn't stopped some people from complaining - nor stopped them from trying to hold the SOE dev team accountable to some shortcoming within one or more 3rd-party programs. ;)
  3. Jrral Active Member

The major UI mods (Drums, Profit, Fetish etc.) are all designed to work with EQ2Map. Install the main UI mod first, Drums in your case. Then run the EQ2Map updater and in the options select DrumsUI as the UI directory to install EQ2Map into. That'll also update your eq2.ini to point to the right place.
  4. Toaskornot New Member

Awesome I will try that and see if it works. Thank you guys and will for sure post whether or not it worked (within a day or two)
  5. Toaskornot New Member

Thank you both for the replies. It worked!

So I uninstalled eq2 maps and then redid DrumsUI. I then put the eq2 maps in the drums ui folder, set it in the maps options and everything is working now! Now all I have to do is figure out Drums...