I need help finding a particular house item, if one exists!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Eragahn, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Eragahn Member

Hello!

I am looking for a large/giant sized dragon house item, preferably one that is or can closely resemble a prismatic dragon. I've recently obtained the Kerafyrm's Lair house during chrono event and I had a very nostalgic plan for the bottom (sleeper) area.

Ya see, back in the early 2000's I played eq1 on Rallos Zek server. Back in 2003, I was one of the fortunate that participated in the slaying of the Sleeper. I was in the guild Magus Imperialis Magicus, one of the top three guilds on the server that participated in the monumental event. My desire is to recreate this event in my Kerafyrm's Lair house on Antonia Bayle server. I've already placed many many house actors and set them up with race, gender, gear, etc. to represent the player participants (no, I don't have 300 as was present during the actual Sleeper kill, perhaps 60 or so). I even have house actors representing GM Brenlo announcing the same system wide message that he broadcast across all servers after we killed the sleeper. I'm looking for a LARGE, hopefully GIANT size dragon house item to represent Kerafyrm, the Sleeper.

Any help pointing me in the right direction of obtaining this (if one exists) would be most appreciated, and I promise once I'm done and satisfied with the outcome, I will publish the house for any who would like to view it!

-Eragahn Shadeslayer, 120 DE Bruiser Antonia Bayle server (formerly from Nagafen server)
    120 Master Carpenter
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

3. Merriel Well-Known Member

I think of the dragon plushies, this one gets the largest, although the dragons from the shiny collections in Vesspyr that you can only see if you use the potion from the city merchant might get quite large as well.

This one is the result of a shiny collection in Withered Lands, and the shiny's for it can be seen without using some expensive potions, but if you do your shiny hunting there at a level where mobs are aggro to you, it can get quite annoying, as the zone is quite large and spread out, and finding your way through the bug tunnels can be annoying too. The shiny's could be inside or outside the bug tunnels, so using the shiny tracker for them isn't as useful as you might think it would be.

My recommendation is to do the shiny hunting in this zone when mobs are non-aggro. There is also the issue, if you haven't done either the Trade-skill timeline or the Adventure Timeline, you can get knocked out of the sky at any given moment, as you will not have yet unlocked the ability to fly free of detriments from the dragon in the zone. So either plan on travelling on foot, or be prepared to fly low, in case you do get knocked out of the sky (unless your toon just happens to have high safe fall abilities). Remember, there are also aerial shinies in this zone to collect as well.

[IMG]
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Aerial shinies"? Refresh my old memory core, please; does that mean shinies on top of trees or cliffs, or actually in mid-air? :-/

It's been awhile...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are places in some zones where you have to fly through blue smoky patches in midair to get a collection item. Chains of Eternity and Tears of Veeshan come to mind.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

cobalt scar, eidolon jungle and obol plains had them too. Cobalt scar and thalumbra also had fishing shinies.
  7. Eragahn Member

I actually have this dragon. While it does get decently large, I was hoping for something much larger to represent Kerafyrm with. I was kind of hoping that there would be a house item that can get half as large as the shissar statue thing that gets outrageously large.
  8. Eragahn Member

Thanks for all the responses so far! I'm still going to continue my search. I will check out arial shiney's in vesspyr and withered lands zones.
  9. Eragahn Member

I did some of the purple shineys in Vesspyr that you see when you drink the potion that you buy from city vendor and I did end up getting a dragon house item as a reward. It's pretty much the same size as the one pictured above.

I was hoping to find one that would have been close to the size actual Sleeper was in EQ1, but doubtful there is such an item. I'll still continue working on my recreation of the Sleeper kill, but may have to just make do with what I can get to represent Kerafyrm. Hopefully, I'll come across a prismatic, white, or ghostly dragon that gets fairly large that I can use to represent Kerafyrm.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You might request something of the big ghostly or white varieties for either Nights of the Dead or Frostfell, respectively; put 'em on the Wishlist, we often get the devs responding. Or just go to Kaitheel directly and suggest it! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Eragahn Member

Just a little update ...
    I did not find a large dragon plushie house item as I had hoped, but I settled for a somewhat large dragon statue in which the dragon has a similar body style to what Kerafyrm had. What I ended up doing is putting the dragon statue in the middle, with the house actors all around depicting players on the raid and I put a player written book on a stand in front of the statue with a story about the events that took place leading up to the decision to kill the Sleeper.

As far as the EQ1 sleeper tomb bottom part of the house goes, I'm satisfied that I'm finished with it. I am still currently working to decorate the top EQ2 part of sleepers tomb. I did find a break out spot inside this dungeon style house and have a hidden teleport pad to it that, once I open up to the public, I hope people look for it. :)

Since I work quite a bit (60ish hours a week, sometimes more), it's a longer process for me to decorate, but hopefully I'll be finished and satisfied with what I've done soon. I've already scratched an idea or two and took it all down and started over again, lol. However, I do like the current path I'm taking to decorating the top part of the house.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Can't wait to see a video or screenshots here when you're done! :D

Uwk
    who has made posts of how to insert screenshots here lots of times, if you need to know :)

EDIT: Er, never mind; it's similar to posting stuff from Lera's third-party site. :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Eragahn Member

I have some screenshots I will share once I decide where to host them and then post them here. I'm not done with the Kerafyrm house yet, but wanted to share some of what I've done so far.
  14. Eragahn Member

As stated, I'm not done, but wanted to share some of what I have done. I didn't post any pics of my Rallos Zek killing The Sleeper raid just yet, but may later on. :)

Lava Pool
    [IMG]

View from above
    [IMG]

Entrance
    [IMG]

Hallway with pictures
    [IMG]

Another hallway with pictures
    [IMG]

Home Theater area
    [IMG]

Norrathian rock band, Metalurgicca!
    [IMG]

Fine Dining
    [IMG]
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very cool! I especially dig the band and the restaurant! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Eragahn Member

Thanks!

You'd really enjoy the rock band live! The guitarists and pianist have motions that are really cool (IMO). Other than the Sleeper Raid, I think my favorite part so far is the lava pool. Just really happy with how that turned out. There are other rooms and areas that are done that I didn't post pics of (there's a library, a fight club / sparring room, and more). The home is largely unfinished still though. When I have more done and I'm satisfied with it, I'll publish it and make a new post in the homeshow forums with pics.

I think one of my biggest flaws with in game house design is a lot of times I really think less is more and other times I go overboard. LOL
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hear that, big time... :-/

Glad you're doing so well with yours! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Eragahn Member

Well, I have given visitor status to public access for my house. I'm not finished with it yet, but ran into an item limit problem. I haven't used an item extender yet (I plan on doing so), but I'm also deciding which items I feel aren't needed and can eliminate to finish the house.

Feel free to take a look. It's a Kerafyrm Lair house listed under my name on Antonia Bayle server. I think I'm gonna give it a couple more months to maybe redo a few things, make some things stretch a bit. So hopefully by then, I'll publish it.