i need a sub now to play EQ2???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Castles, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Castles Active Member

it looks like i will need to sub to all access to see the new content. will we be able to buy to play the new content when the next expansion is released? F2P is changing to sub2Play?
  2. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

we can only hope
    Siren and Vexil like this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Sub (Krono) instead of paying for an expac. /shrug

1 month of sub is less than 2 movie tickets. It's a great deal, if you can find people to play with.
    Deago and Moonpanther like this.
  4. Rougez Active Member

There are tons of things you can still do/see in EQ2 while remaining F2P. I don't see an issue with subbing up for new content if you're enjoying your experience.
    Bekkr, Snowknight, Siren and 4 others like this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

With so much being available for f2p folks these days, this is a great perk for subbing. And as was mentioned above, you don't even have to pay real money to purchase a sub, just earn the plat to buy a krono. It is so easy to earn plat in game these days.
  6. Castles Active Member

they disabled krono for 2 days??? i was a sub for the 3 month deal during the holidays and played the EQ TLP servers. i dont see new content as being a perk unless it is just a fun zone; but if there are relevant quests/dungeons/raid content then the F2P model will become somewhat unclear...
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You want to see the new stuff, pay to do so. If you don't want to do that, that's fine also. Just remember, they are here to make a profit and not much profit is made from F2P unless you buy a lot from the Store. If you think you aren't getting a good deal with F2P, just check WoW's F2P and compare.
    Taemek, Kalderon, Siren and 7 others like this.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

OP, your outrage is so tasty....
    Kalderon, Siren, Cuelaen and 4 others like this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Krono are not disabled - it takes 48 hours for delivery, for some unknown reason. o_O
    Kalderon likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

OP, the whole point of F2P is to give you a taste of the game. The plan from here on in, I think, will be to restrict new content to subscribers.

How many hours per week do you play EQ2?
  11. Occam Well-Known Member

Is there another game that allows you to play 99% of the content without paying?
    Kalderon, Siren, Moonpanther and 2 others like this.
  12. Castles Active Member

Yes a number of excellent MMOs. I would like to hear the direction of content additions. Will it require subs now?

We used to get content often with a sub that was required.

I have played eq1 since kunark and eq2 from beta. I have spent a lot of cash on eq and even more valuable, a lot of time.
    Kalderon likes this.
  13. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I'd rather sub a game than be nickel and dimed for every little thing. For one, it's cheaper and for two, it's more immersive. $15 bucks a month is a lot cheaper than the $100 you could spend without even knowing about it. As much as the cash shop models tick me off, here it's entirely voluntary if you want to buy something, not required in order to progress.

If I'm going to complain about the devs or the game, I'd better by god be paying for it.
  14. Lucus Well-Known Member

I think it might be a good idea to tier GUs ones like the new zek zone for subscribers, expansions stay the same and smaller GUs for everyone.

this is probably an experiment or they might go the road of major GUs for subscribers but buying the next expac after that GU unlocks it on expac purchase.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Well damn... If you give people a crisp shinny new $100 dollar bill... undoubtedly someone will complain about it.
    "how can I break a hundered?"
    "Can I have 5 20s instead?"

How about a "Thank you for letting me play your game. I apologize for my entitled attitude."
    /e looks into the soul of Castle's little entitled heart.

If you dont like it... dont spend your time here. Please... go away.
    Feldon, Moonpanther, Kalderon and 8 others like this.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Besides...

Aren't the Fabled Zones open to everyone, sub or no?
    Kalderon likes this.
  17. m4v3r Member

I sometimes play as f2p and I'm very grateful for being able to do so.
    Does that mean I don't deserve to have an opinion about the game itself or the direction the devs are going?
    Consider me being a long-time player who also spent countless amounts of cash on this game.
    I don't think so.I'm part of the same community but I guess this is something that will never go into entitled, narrow little minds...

As much as I'm a fan and a supporter of free to play, I'd love to see it go away just for the fact how damn stupid it splits our community. ,-(
    Siren likes this.
  18. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Apparently, you haven't been around since day one. You used to have to pay for EQ and EQ2 if you wanted to play either or both of them. There was no such thing as F2P. Frankly, I'm so over people who think they should just be able to do whatever they want because they want it without having to pay for anything.
    Bekkr, Feldon, Azian and 5 others like this.
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Liberals .... :D
    Feldon, Magoo and Prissetta like this.
  20. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

P99 is free. But I bet half these complainers would never make it past level 10. EQis truly a difficult game. When difficulty and dedication to overcome that difficulty were more important, meaningful, and carried substance than the modern gamer who feels entitled "gimme everything NNNOWOWWWW!!!" attitude.
    Magoo, Prissetta and Meneltel like this.