I missed the survey while composing my screed :(

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Erole, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Erole Member

Oh boy, where to start… I’m an alt-aholic, or at least I used to be before the game punished us. My missus and I used to work full time and play when we were home and managing 20+ toons each, leveling TS/Adv. Now we pay attention to 1 main toon and struggle at getting our 8 other Master Crafter toons to max lvl.

Let’s start with Thalumbra. Why do you force us into Plane of Magic when you’ve got a wonderful questline in Thalumbra? Both adventure and trade-skill is a joy. Yet there is not enough XP to even get a level. PoM is a slog. Yes the TS is beneficial and we’ll probably do that anyway. Why force us into the zone for 100-110 in adventure, especially when you’ve got another path if you could just turn on the XP?

Heroic Opportunities – please stop trying to make this a thing. Between the flashing of the H/Os and the flashing of the spells resetting I (and my missus) cannot keep track of what is a spell cool down resetting or the H/O triggering. Then there is the, “oops, I must have hit the wrong combo because I don’t have anything flashing, but I still need to complete the chain or I can’t kill the mob smacking me.”

Speaking of smacking mobs, let’s not let them root us in the air and kill us before we land. And why after nearly 20 years can they hit us, yet we “can’t see the target”?

Buff quantities/spell quantities. Holy crap, my bars are all friggin’ buffs. Have you looked at a templar lately? Why do we need 10 group buffs and then 10 single target buffs, could you please consolidate a little? Start with the Mount, Mercenary and Familiar infusion, let’s make that 1 spell – it’s not upgradeable. Or just give it as a zone buff so we don’t have to worry about it falling off. And then there’s the maximum spell buffs that show. Too often I can’t tell if my Bloodletter has gone off because the maintained spells caps out and I can’t see the buff. If you’re not gonna consolidate spells, could you give us at least 2 more bars and expand the maintained spell buff cap.

Research for Mounts and Mercs. Mercs, please add a counter on the list of mercs to show what level they have been researched to. As well as a tab of contracts that we have signed but not found the merc to assign to said contract. Also, I know this is a big ask, but can we make the research of the Mercs/Mount account wide so that we don’t need to keep a spreadsheet to keep track of the researches?
    Spells – Our guild used to have a saying “Anything can drop a master”. Now (level 100+) we have a saying “Barely anything can drop an adept”. Can you please turn up the adept drops in the overland zones?
    Fluff pets/Pack pony/goblin/familiar/class pets/mercs – so many things to say. Everyone has a menagerie following them. Please give us the opportunity to hide everyone else’s non-essential pets. Maybe turn the fluff pets into a spell that they can use on the mercs or class pets. Have the pack pony and goblin disappear while they are harvesting, heck turn it into a buff that counts down until they return.

Oh and familiars. If you can’t do any damage to a mob in the new zones, why is there an option to not have one up – or just make it the zone buff – can you tell how much I hate stuff following me around, sitting on my nodes or getting clicked on instead of mobs? I had some type of failure that most of my buffs fell off, and I missed that my familiar also despawned (I was using /pet hide – friggin’ menagerie), after upgrading 15+ spells to expert I still couldn’t do any damage. You can imagine my annoyance at finding out my familiar had despawned.

Bouncing quest givers. GAH! I talk to a Hooluk, he bounces to talk to me, my misses talks to him, he spins and bounces to talk to her, back and forth spinning bouncing and changing where the next click is. GAAAAAAH! I know you guys are fully capable of making an NPC only able to be seen by a person on a specific part of the quest, could you make each person see their own version of the NPC or at the very least (for the love of Tunare) remove the bouncing?

XP in BoZ. I am very disappointed that after completing the signature line we still need BILLIONS of XP. So, either we grind out (150+) 1% repeatable quests or we pay for (7+) 4Billion XP potions, a very disappointing option. Back in my day, you used to get all the XP you needed by doing the sig line.

BoZ gear – bleh what a disaster. It would be nice that each step on the sig line gave you upgrades on one slot. I know there was one step where my monk could choose between a ring with spell cast or 2 different shields or 2 long bows (the last 4 items he couldn’t use). Oh and quest items that can’t be transmuted – grrr.

Thanks for your consideration.
    -Erole
    Rattophaxe, Cappy, Aggy and 4 others like this.
  2. Cyna New Member

Its not like its going to do a bit of good anyway, its just another smoke and mirrors ploy that tries to makes it appear like they care