I have a guild related question but not sure where i should post it

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by suka, Jul 20, 2013.

1. suka Well-Known Member

I figure this is about guilds though so here goes. We are a new guild and there are things i simply don't know yet. I know there is something called guild points that you can use to reward people in your guild. But what are they? where do they come from - like out of status? how are they used and what can the person receiving them use them for? how do i work with this system? and are there any other rewards i can give guidl members that i may not know about?
  2. Kaiv Member

Hey Suka,

Well, there is an easy answer... and a very long complicated one!! LOL

The easy answer is that you can assign as many points to as many members as you want!! There is no limit and they don't come from anywhere or use up anything. Conversely, they don't actually mean anything unless you decide that they do.

As the guild leader, you'll have to figure out how people get these points, what they're worth, and what they can spend them on.

For a lengthy essay on the what's, how's, and why's of guild points, along with tons of other topics on how to be a good guild leader, you might consider reading, "The Guild Leader's Companion", by Adam "Ferrel" Trzonkowski, available through on-line booksellers like Amazon. I found it really helpful.

Good luck!

Kaiv
    Feara and suka like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

thanks so much- i will definitely order that one.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

oops- $200 ? will have to do without that one. might be able to find it on ebay or somewhere.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

kk found his second edition for only $9 on amazon and it has not been ordered. thanks again
  6. suka Well-Known Member

i meant now been ordered

lol- trying to do tradeskills while typing. what a difference a letter makes
  7. suka Well-Known Member

ok so how do you spend them? is there a command you can use? can they be transferred between guild members? and do you have any suggestions on what a silver member could spend them on?
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

You can't spend them on anything really, they're completely arbitrary and meaningless until you give them meaning. It basically exists so that guilds can use a dkp system within the guild window. You can give everyone in your guild 500, or 5000, or 500,000 and it won't make any difference.
    Feara likes this.