I got the GDoH last night but am now stuck with a couple questions...

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-woodle, May 24, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-woodle Guest

As the topic implies, on my first raid of LoA, I got my Dirk.^^ I have a couple questions for all of you who have had one and used it for a while... Until last night, my weapon setup was: Main Hand - Thirneg's Thorn (insane dps rating) Offhand - Dirk Of Negativity From what I've read on these forums, even with a high dps weapon like Thirneg's, the GDoH should be in the main hand slot for procs and crits correct? It's hard to make my Thirneg's a secondary! lol As far as adornments go... until last night, I was convinced that I was going to get 2 of the +5 pierce adorns for each of my weapons. I've been testing and parsing myself in raids and groups to see how often the proc adorns fire off.. and the results are less than spectacular. I figure that the extra pierce skill would end up doing more damage than the dmg proc adorns even if I only hit an extra 2 times per fight.. and higher skill is never bad for raid mobs. Here is my overall question I guess.. Would it be better to put a dmg proc (either hp or power drain) on the GDoH since it already has +pierce on it? Does the slower delay really help the proc rate that noticeably? Or should I still throw on the 2 +pierce on them, and just let the higher crits land more often due to the skill increase? Thanks for any suggestions!
  2. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

The dmg procs are not that good. If you try them out and look at the zone-wides, it's hard to be impressed at all. They're barely noticable. The +pierce are probably the best ones, unless you're regularly super-buffed in pierce skill due to your group. I use a power drain proc on one, and a +pierce skill on the other. Especially versus orange mobs, you need all the pierce skill you can get. Put the GDoH in your primary hand, if you want to maximize your procs. You'll notice a difference, especially if you're hasted. It won't be a huge difference, but it's there. You get less missed swings which results in more procs.