I cant see NPC, PC or Ogject names past 5 feet

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aethn, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Aethn Member

So I redid my install of EQ2 after years of the old one. The problem I have is now I cant see the nameplates of anything past 5 feet out unless I mouse over it. Half the time I am in aggro range of a MOB before the name even comes up. I have been scouring the settings for weeks now to fix this. I cant get the range to go out any farther. I used to be able to see nameplates way far out there. I can crank my settings to max in every category on my box and not kill performance that much, so its not a resource issue.

Help !!

Someone tell me whats wrong please. I have literally tried every suggestion so far and nothing.
  2. Agee Member

EQ2 button > Options > Display - Click advanced button - set render distance to MAX
    Under model detail - set level to max "Level of detail Bias", Triangle Density" and "High Detail characters"
    set to 45-50ish "Low Detail Characters"

Agee
  3. Aethn Member

All of those were already set to max on each slider :( - so that doesn't fix it
  4. Wizx13 Member

reset to default and start over
  5. Aethn Member

Already did that ... twice. Seriously I am really stumped here on how to fix this.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Look under Options/User Interface/Name and Chat Bubbles and Make sure you have selected to Always show NPC Names. There is a lot of good stuff under Name and Chat Bubbles including Show Distance to Target.
    Xakrein and Ceyllynn like this.
  7. m3gatl20n New Member

Sad to say this is still a thing. I have everything to max. My NPC name options are all set to Always...but names NEVER show up. Sometimes they randomly appear out of nowhere or when I am super close similar to what is described here. So its like the name option is working but it does not show until they are VERY close. It did not do this always, seemed to randomly stop and no idea why. Sometimes I wonder if I hit some weird hotkey nobody knows but everything is on.
  8. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

You playing first person view or third person view?