I am AA Confused 90 Guardian 205aa's "Needs input"

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Dementedone, May 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

S

I am AA Confused
    Spend the last few days Pouring over the internet and Beetny's Awesome AA calculator trying to find the best AA Set for my merger 205 AA’s on a level 90 Guardian.
    100 in some trees Just doesn’t seem to be enough
    I would appreciate some input on a few Options I have

1. Smashux1
    2. Smashux2
    3. Smashux3

Would be nice if we could spend more then 100 maybe up to 120 or 180 but I don't work for SOE.
    if all of my AA's Roadmaps are junk I will accept any input I can get.
  2. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

You may want to look up some of the top guilds in EQ2 on EQ2U and then look at what Guardians are spending AAs on. Although Guardians have fallen behind compared to other tanks to be honest.
  3. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

Thank you for your input but this is the confusing part it seems no two people I ask can agree in your line you skipped a ton of the Hate/agro stuff which one other person I asked told me I needed above all else. I am just a simply country troll maybe I am just easy to confuse.
  5. ARCHIVED-Angus Podgorny Guest

It's tough to come up with a perfect answer because it all depends on whether you're typically having problems holding aggro, and that depends on what gear you have, who you're grouping with, and what you're tanking. Prsonally I would skip the hate stuff because between Moderate/Improved Moderate you're probably in good shape, and if you need more +hate% you can probably make it up with adornments. In exchange for raw hate gain, Davngr1's spec gives you more and better snap taunts (which I consider a more valuable use of AA) and more survivability (like Battle Hardening).
  6. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

I don't need perfect truth be told I am as so far from perfect that the light from perfect will take a million years to reach me.
    My first/last/only group is me and two friends Boxing Necro, bard, healer SK and I am supposed to be the MT but I can't even keep agro off the Necro's pet my gear is all solo quested or purchased from the market I do not raid nor do I ever think we will be raiding we get our butts handed to us in TOFS so if we ever saw a Zek would would soil ourselves andf die of a heart attack right now I am doing as many of the WL quests as I can to get some upgrades and depending on my AA set I am 34 to 36K HP
    I can't get to it from work but I think you can still view a players gear on-line Look for Smashux on GUK if you wanted to see what I am rolling but no laughing.
    I have GM's for all TS I can make anything I need and if better gear costs me 100pp an item I am willing to do it, right now I am saving for CR BP, sword, and Bow in that order.
  7. ARCHIVED-Angus Podgorny Guest

I don't know guardians or necros well enough to really know what to do there, but some hate adornments could help. If you can get enough shards for 7 yellow adornments for each piece of armor plus the possible 2 white adornments, that's about 45% hate gain. Although I don't remember there being yellow slots on WL quest armor, but the extra DPS you get from it might more than make up the difference.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

Hendi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

Hendi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    My Necro friend has completed all the Necro Pet AA's (what ever that means" the running joke is I should drop my sword and just weild his pet because that would be the only way I could hold agro.
  10. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Conjuror and Necromancer pets seems to generate a TON of aggro. As a conjuror, I've learned to guage my threat meter of my pet, wait 5-10 second before sending it in to attack, and back him off whenever needed.
    Either put Moderate on the pet, or Shoulder the Burden (moderate may be better for this situation).
    Make sure under your Character Development window you pick all the traits that increase your HP by 2.5%. There's 4 to pick, so thats a nice 10% HP right there.
    Here would be the recommended AA spec I would use for now on your guardian (based off of what my guardian has)
    205 AA Spec
    Here is my final build that I am currently using on my guardian for general grouping/raids.
    320 AA Spec for Raid/Grouping
    The only thing I'm really thinking about changing since the skyshrine update is the end-line ability in the Heroic tree. I think im going to switch to Unshakable Grip.

As some people have stated above, a few hate adorns will really help out with keeping aggro. Also, try to use a UI that has a auto attack timer bar. I personally use Drums UI. That way you can maximize your DPS by timing your Combat Arts so they don't delay your auto attacks, this will result in higher DPS, which will result in keeping aggro easier
    If the necromancer pet is your biggest problem with aggro though, you just really need to tell your necromancer friend to watch his pets threat meter, and maybe wait 5-10 second before sending it in. A lot of DPS classes in this game seem to forget that grouping is all about teamwork. You can't just go all out as soon as the tank pulls the mob. Which seems that 90%+ of the people do nowadays, and then when they rip aggro and die, they blame the tank for not being able to hold aggro.
    Also, pretty often, if there is some heavy AoE classes in my group, I have to remind them that guardians have the worst AoE Aggro out of all the tanks, so they should wait a good while into the fight before they start going AoE Crazy.

Hope some of this helps. You can PM me anytime for any questions
    Don't forget to cast Moderate or Shoulder the Burdon on the Necro's Pet. Not the necro himself. =)
  11. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

What do you think of this one? I grabbed all the Mit/AC and DPS skills I could
    Smashux
  12. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

you just don't understand hate mechanics or the class that well yet and this will come with time. you can choose to take my build or come up with your own. the build suggested is pretty much the best possible set up for someone playing a guardian with 205AA but i always encourage people to try stuff on their own and find out what works for them.

the INT line is a "must have" for warriors because of the accelerated strike AA that you should max out. the rest of the line is pretty good too and raw reuse is always great for tanks so your saves and snaps are up more often.
    there is plenty of advice here on how to handle your self in group. i personally wouldn't spend any points/plats/shards into hate on a guardian. with group moderate, shoulder burden, moderate and reinforcement hate is just not the issue. the pit fall of the guard class is damage and that's what you want to focus on if you want to regulate your aggression generation.

i have a necro and one of the pet buffs are currently broken and won't be getting fixed any time soon, i'm sure. so expect that the pet will take agro on inc and plan for it with a snap or something if the mob you're pullin hits hard and might kill the pet.
    make sure you and your friends run lots of instances even the ones that might be green in TSO since they allow you to get comfortable with the class with mobs that are a bit more forgiving.
    also don't give up on raid content, there is LOTS of raid content you and your friends can run. just find out about all the raid zones that con green or more and give it a shot. also when you hit 92 you and your friends should have no issues running the two first group instances and they drop pretty good gear.
    another bit of advice is that one of your friends should seriously consider making one of his toon a coercer, they are great mana generation once you get your mythical spell done (epic repercussions)

anyway.. lots to do and improve on. sorry about the wall of text.
  13. ARCHIVED-Eskol Guest

I may be totally out of line, and I'm sure I am, but after looking over the Guard tree, I found what I thought to be fairly decent choices.

If you were to solo: Solo Build
    If you are tanking: Tank Build

Like I said, I may be totally wrong, but the Guardian seems like he has a fairly decent AA tree. Unlike the Fury, in which you have to put so many points into your offensive spells just to get Natural Cleanse...
    Try out what you think works best, not what someone else say's is best.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
  15. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Dementedone wrote:
    you shouldn't loose any hit points what so ever so you might want to look over the build again and make sure none of the HP aa were skipped over. the damage per second buff that you loose from your auto attack damage does not make as big of a difference as the rest of the stuff that you give up for it.

there is a difference beteewn the damage per second i'm talking about ( over all damage out put) and the damage per second that you spec for with WIS AA line (auto attack only buff).
  16. ARCHIVED-Dementedone Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    My Build had 9 more points in Bind wound that skill added 4 str and 4 stm per rank and the HP boast you get from it, I also had or or three points in the Heroic HP Boast so I am sure that is where it was comming from.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Putting more than 1 point into the top skill of your class tree with any class is quite a waste of AA. 10 points in bind wound would = +40 str & sta. Thats only 400 more HP. You will always get much more out of those 9 other points spending them elsewhere.
    However, putting 10 points into Spirit and Body in the heroic tree for 5% more HP is well worth it!
    As well as the 5 points into Hearty Constitution in the shadow tree for another 2.5%.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zivgar Guest

aggressive entry is horrible AA choice. Just think about it only works 20% of the time. I would rather spend my AA into something that can be 100% of the time.
    I do not like the AA choice for battle tactics (gives extra HP) At max level it gives like 250 HP when in total some Guardians have between 50k to 60k. 250 HP for 5 AA points? I know not a lot of people agree with this but I just don't see the point.

http://beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU63;9t250...550@41@30050501

Here is a setup I created for about 220 AA. I would figure that you are looking to run Heroic content and not ready for a Raid setup. This is roughly what I would do to give an idea. By no means is this the best choice or the only choice. Use what you want and test out what works best for you.