Hunter Coins - No Heirloom

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mesander, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Mesander Member

I see the other posts complaining about Hunter groups. To me the bigger issue is the fact that Hunter coins are not heirloom. WHY? When TSO is live the shards are heirloom. How is that any different? If we have multiple toons that are 50 why then can we not use that to our advantage and get our primary toons geared quicker? Hunters is already a monotonous grind as it is. This should've been thought out better before unlocking the Hunters.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

They were heirloom once, but people complained. We can't have nice things.
  3. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

I don't remember if this was Fallen Gate or Kaladim (probably Kaladim?), but according to the forums, it was *unfair* that people who had multiple alts could get their Hunter items before others who didn't. The complaints were so loud that, of course, it got changed. :)
  4. Mesander Member

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So because I worked my tail off and have 4 toons at max level - I get punished because there are those who didn't? That's literally punishing those who play more than those who don't. That's completely backwards.
    adaria likes this.
  5. Mandoh New Member

So why not just flag the daily quest as account wide instead of doing the dumb thing and making the coins no-trade. If you had to main change to help your guild out after farming 28 coins - you are just screwed now?

The proper fix is make them heirloom and to just flag the quest as once per 18 hours per account not per toon.

Not to mention for a free trade server far too much stuff is not tradeable. I think it was Isle of Refuge server you could literally trade almost anything, including your Draconic tablet. They could just make hunters gear tradeable and solve all the issues. I mean that is the point of the server.
    Bekkr likes this.
  6. Arandar Well-Known Member

I can see it now, "selling hunter xbow 30kr pst"
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  7. Mesander Member

If I want to work for my "main" toon to get 2 hunters items - I should be able to run hunters on my other toons and farm coins for my main. Rinse and repeat for my alt. The fact that the coins are not heirloom is completely ridiculous. To be honest, I was shocked when I learned they weren't. This needs to get fixed!
    adaria likes this.
  8. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I realize this is probably more or less a joke, but tbh there's not a single real reason why this would be a problem.
    Elskidorr and Beneeto like this.
  9. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Hard agree. This *is* a Free Trade Server, right?
    Elskidorr, Beneeto and Bekkr like this.
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

Beyond the absurdity of it, sure. Of course, it'll never actually happen in any case.
    Bekkr likes this.
  11. Spectre Active Member

They should be heirloom.
    Fourg, Zenji and Grizauk like this.
  12. Grizauk New Member

100% make this free trade on more stuff.
  13. Beneeto Member

free trade Copper Jubilee Coins when ?
  14. Ratza Well-Known Member

Most of the complaints about Hunters could be easily solved by making coins heirloom.
    Bekkr likes this.
  15. DENSER Well-Known Member

Agree

it would only be positive.

Heirlroom :

- players will not stop playing their main or whatever toons who allready got 2 items.
    - then more options for hunters groups, more survavibility of that quests.

No heirlroom :
    - More likely to see a player set aside a toon with its 2 items, waiting for the release of the next expansion .
    - More chance of players logging in less frequently
    - more chance to not see that player again
    -More chance of not taking advantage of our micro purchases .

In short, it's a plus for us, players and for you developers .
    So what are you waiting for?
  16. Fourg New Member

This is a Free Trade Server. You can't just go around allowing stuff to be traded on a Free Trade Server...dafaq y'all.
    Elskidorr likes this.
  17. KythosMeltdown Active Member

Make it heirloom after 30 days or something ezpz
  18. Elskidorr Active Member

This is EQ2, don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. But this is a sorry excuse for a "Free Trade" server. They could make a lot more profit if they knew what they were doing.
  19. Freddie_Mercury Member

DBG never goes back on a decision ... they think it makes them look weak, but it doesnt... it makes them look like they take player feedback... meanwhile... doing the opposite makes them look incompetent... well, actually proves it TBH
  20. Freddie_Mercury Member

I like how DBG thinks that getting a BIS item a few days early at the end of an expansion when everything is already cleared by even the basic of guilds... is somehow going to break their game... lol... the cluelessness is real, people... it's truly real
    Fourg likes this.