How well can wardens solo(exp and named mobs)

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Talomis, May 7, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

nerfed? doubtful. this is pretty much all we have left.

if anything they would decide we're too powerful solo and finally put the class back into its power spot in groups and raids.... i'm finally starting to enjoy the root and nuke method, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit to have them finally turn their attention to our class and take away our soloing prowess in favor of fixing all the problems we've been whining about for months. after all, every time i try something new and grow to like it, it gets the axe.
  2. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

I just solo'd the Mandragora and I cannot believe how easy he was. He's easier than most blue and some green ^^^ heroics I've faced and this guy is a 71^^^ named (I found it ironic that he kept trying to cast hoarfrost on me ;) ). I think a warden in mostly treasured gear with adepts would be able to solo this guy as well. I wanted to get a try at the Carnovingian but everytime he is up he is being solo'd by some mage - this time it was a wizzy. I've checked the skywatcher a bunch of times but I have yet to see him up but I got the Abomination on HoF a few times.
    By far the hardest fight to solo I've faced so far is Azdalin, a level 65^^^ wyrm. He is a quest mob for wurmslayer I believe and he has an unbelievable amount of HPs so I ran out of power (my parse kept breaking it into several different encounters so I never really got a good picture of his total hps). He drops no loot (I already had killed him with a group) but wanted to test myself against him. Taking the time to let power regen while the root holds is the way to beat him but even then I had to rely on his poor pathing on the hills to keep from dying. Sometimes this can be a curse as on the 1st fight I got him too far away and he broke at 5%. Considering how long a fight this is you can imagine my disappointment. :p
    As somene who never liked soloing I'm quite pleased with this thread as I'd have never even attempted some of these mobs without it. I suggest any other warden who hasn't tried it to take it as a challenge. Not that this helps me much in raiding but it's nice to see just how good we are as soloers. I always thought we were a good solo class but now I agree with Shennron that we can probably solo as well as any class in the game (not that I disagreed with him before but I just never explored this side of our class too much) though I still think bruisers, currently, are better simply because of how powerful FD is in getting past mobs.
    Meanwhile the only master chest I got from all this was from a group of 2 61^^ bixies (master spell which I gave to a guildie) and the 2 legendary chests I've gotten were nothing more than vendor trash. :p Our raids this week didn't go so well so I was hoping I could have gotetn some cash for repairs but no. :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

I hate to keep blowing my own horn but am giddy after just soloing The Carnovingian on my 1st try with a wizard standing by to scoop him up if I failed, the same one who just beat me to the abomination and got a wizzie master off it. :p
    I had just a bit of power to spare on this guy so good FT is probably a good idea. He also resisted my roots fairly often.
    Message Edited by Unmasked on 05-10-2006 12:19 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-MysidiaDrakkenbane Guest

Wow. I'm just amazed. Now I just need to get the plat to get the good gear and masters to try this.
  5. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

yeah... as much as i hate the root and nuke method, if you've got a good root and plenty of power regen, you can take down any single target if you're patient and have room. i'm much more of a group player, but it made me smile to feel like i could actually do something again... i haven't felt so useful since LU13 and the warden nerf. :smileytongue:
    I'm going to have to try this, now. I mean, I've always been a decent soloer, but with what everyone is saying here, I can do far better than what I have been.
    Are you saying that you can take down Named (heroic) ^^^ this way??
    and yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. and i wouldn't have believed it if i hadn't done it. i was angry and ambitious that day. :smileywink:
    Message Edited by Crimson Dragon on 05-10-2006 09:37 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-xenocyst Guest

Not for anyone specific, but in general, get your nukes ad3ed. I run into healer after healer who runs with ad1 or worse nukes and they wonder why they can't solo :smileyhappy:
  7. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

...I know I can't. kudos to those wardens that can, though. It's less about the class than the choices the player has made and how they play it. So NERF THE PLAYERS!!!!! :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

well we're not even touched in the next live update, so apparently we are supposed to be able to solo heroic encounters.eat that LU13.... the almighty patch that broke us in order to make the game more "balanced" and achieve a place where heroic encounters are not soloable.
    (i'm still frustrated about it) :smileysad:
  9. ARCHIVED-stargazer5678 Guest

I am level 47. I can solo level 43 ^^^ monitors in EF. I have hight Int though. So, I root and nuke, root and nuke. It's not fast but doable.
  10. ARCHIVED-Formangenavn Guest

Anyone know if our roots will have their duration redused like wizard roots (I belive)?

Also, I think they are changeing how roots are resisted. Not 100 % sure how and if its the same for all roots though.
  11. ARCHIVED-Timber13 Guest

- Wizard, Warlock, Conjurer, Necromancer: Root Spells:
    * Have 15% overall break chance instead of 20%
    * Only processes break chances when damage is received, not on any hostile act towards the target.

They don't say a word about the warden roots, altho I'd doubt if the mage got upgraded and ours not... but on the other hand they forgot to nerf our roots in DoF aswell so we had for about a month an unbreakable root :) Can just hope they don't forget it again.
    Message Edited by Timber13 on 05-12-2006 12:08 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

not only were they unbreakable, but they held the direction of the mob, so you could go behind and melee it without being attacked.:smileytongue:
  13. ARCHIVED-Xchagger99 Guest

I almost fell off my chair laughing...A Warden solo better than a summoning class?? Yeah right. And since when can "mages" not heal? I know for a fact Necros can heal themselves very well...Thanks for the stupidity though! And yeah an EQUALLY equipped necro will out solo an EQUALLY equipped warden any day of the year...[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] noobs!
  14. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

burn, baby, burn....
    for the record, we do solo better. root and nuke > pets. until your pet can tank a level 66+++ named with just you to keep it alive, find something better to do with your time. this thread isn't here for you to insult people.

does anyone have any other real discussion on this? i think we covered it pretty well. :smileyhappy:
  15. ARCHIVED-Barandos Guest

sorry but mine is bigger than yours :D
    love that type of reaction :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Xchagger99 Guest

It's a fact...A necro will always out solo a warden...That is why we are a solo class...You are a healer...Deal with it! Same level and same gear a necro will solo way faster and bring in tons more exp...There is no point in even arguing it...It IS a fact! Try posting this crap about how a "warden will out solo summoner classes" on the necro or conj thread and watch them laugh you right off EQ2. Don't be [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]! I AM better than you!
  17. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

hey mods... can we get a lock on this one?
    this guy's only posted twice and is obviously just here to harass.
    no valid points and not even making a sensible argument.
    thanks.:smileywink:
  18. ARCHIVED-Shennron Guest

PROVE YOUR WORDS.
    At best I would say that a summoner is equal with a Warden. That is under the conditions that the Warden is well equipped in power regen gear and such and knows how to play their class well.
    Tell me what mobs you can solo and I'll tell you that I have already soloed them and more.
  19. ARCHIVED-Xchagger99 Guest

Did you not read what I wrote? I said an EQUALLY equipped Summoner will always out solo an EQUALLY equipped Warden. Obviously you can't read? And I have yet to attack anyone. Just stating facts. There is no way you can tell my a warden will kill faster than a necro or conj. You are a healing class...Not solo or DPS class. Those are FACTS. A necro will kill much faster and can take much more on at once...That is also a fact. Learn to play...Then come post!
  20. ARCHIVED-Shennron Guest

Did you not read what I wrote? I said PROVE IT, as you obviously do not have any evidence.
    And why are wardens stuck to only being a healing class? Did you ever play EQ1? Necro's mages wizards and DRUIDS were all excellent soloers. I think that is kinda the theme here in EQ2 as well.
    You attacked me by saying my class was not a soloing class. Secondly you bring up the point again that you can solo faster but I bring up the point that I can solo tougher encounters. You yourself are having trouble reading I would say.
    Facts are that your wrong and you have been living in a noob world.
    Listen here bud. I played a necro in EQ1 and I was one of the top on my server. I loved that class and I probably love playing it more then my Warden in EQ2 now. So I have a lot of respect for the necromancer community. But obviously you have some thoughts driven into your head that tells you a priest class cannot solo. Maybe it makes you jealous because you picked a necro to be the king of soloing and here a Warden can take the things on that you can. I dont know what is going on through your head but get this straight, a warden is one of the best soloers in EQ2 atm.
    Message Edited by Shennron on 05-13-2006 10:26 PM