How to use the Ultimate Quest(TM) checklist

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Ishnar, May 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Banbha Guest

I am right there with you on not being able to merge the excel 2003. I thought I was pretty savvy on the ol' puter, but it seems that this merging spreadsheets has got me stumped.
    Everytime I try grymmstone's advice
    I get the error "A document with the name 'Everquest2_Checklist.xls' is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents."
    Now if I rename one of the documents, I have no idea how to merge the two. I have trying to figure this out forever. I would love it if someone could do a dumbed down walk thru on how to get the data from the checklist I have been working on into the updated checklist.
    Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-TheOnlySariah Guest

I am also having this problem, but I am using OpenOffice =( It's irritating because it seems like there should be an easy way to do this lol.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jimena Guest

With Excell 2003, Name the updated list the same as the old list when you open old spreadsheet, then new spreadsheet the program will ask if you want to merge data from both files.
    That's what excel does at my work should do it for quest journal also.
    when i try this with excel 2003 pro it says i can not open the file with the same name even if they are in a different directory
  4. ARCHIVED-Graditz Guest

Crazy question how do I put the A C or X in the section tried everything an nothing seems to be working.