How to: Swashbuckler DPS in Raid / Single Target stuff

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Katanallama, May 12, 2014.

1. Azian Well-Known Member

He really doesn't seem to be able to stop himself though so I'm not sure we should Tease him about it.
    Glassjaw likes this.
  2. Katanallama Well-Known Member

I wish I had fancy footwork like y'all, but sadly I am not known for having perfect finesse :(
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Koko Well-Known Member

Looks like I've inspired daring in a lot of you!
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Azian Well-Known Member

Well, anytime we can Smuggle some levity onto these boards I think it's a good thing.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Let us all not forget, when it comes to puns we walk a razor edge, all it takes is one snap of the wrist and we will no longer be able to avoid blame.
    Prissetta and Livejazz like this.
  6. Glassjaw Active Member

General rogue issue - I got my Dance of Metal to hit for 5,003,001 final trigger. Encounter was 8:47 long and I did 7.5 mil dps.

Of that dps Dance of metal was 115k dps... This is extremely lack luster for a rogue end line. Please increase the damage to make this end line worth the aa and just plain more fun for the class.

The 5mil hit is not to skew the numbers - my rogue has some of the best gear available and even then it's hard to achieve. We really need some love with DoM.
  7. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Honestly it's just bad for Swashbucklers: what little dps you do gain from it is probably offset by the fact that you can't use your AEs... Have to use the fast cast single target CA's to get through the full chain for that final hit. Anyways, I'm no longer running DoM, rather run Coule for the debuff.

On the bright side, auto attack focus is progression approved lol - 2nd on parse just shy of 8.2mil dps on Lord Kreizenn, 4.7mil auto attack :3. Should try this setup for your brigand, Glass! See how it compares brig V swash going all auto attack / no CA dps xD.
  8. Glassjaw Active Member

I have considered it for fun but the amount of reforging, gear swapping, adorn swapping etc. that I would have to do would not be worth it. That and I would get really bored just auto attacking the mob while ignoring a majority of my combat arts.
  9. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Oh you still cast CA's, they just don't hit for much of anything :)
  10. slica Active Member

Isn't really hard to achieve, pretty common if you're in a mage group set up like i am. max hit ive had is 5.7mil with the 7th hit doing almost 4mil. prob could break 6mil if i actually got some buffs one day.. anyway by all means push for this tho.. my parse won't mind at all :)
  11. slica Active Member

This, Gatekeeper = op brigand tank... fun stuff
  12. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Katana do you think swashies would benefit better from 6 delay weapons than 4 delay? I know that technically they are the same, just wondering if all the WDB will somehow do more for 6 delays' bigger hits. Or is it better for 4 delay to get more non-normalized procs?
  13. Katanallama Well-Known Member

I honestly just see it as preference, which ever you have the best combo of. I can tell you that most of the scouts in our guild use 4.0 weapons, but we do have access to the consumer weapon which is 4.0 only. Would a 6.0 hit harder? Yea sure, but it'll also hit slower.
  14. Livejazz Well-Known Member

It sounds like Swashys are suffering from a bit of Hamstringing ... maybe we should all just Shadow Slip into oblivion???

Sorry if that was just a Cheap Shot ;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Jucilie New Member

@Glassjaw

the name of your rogue is?
  16. Katanallama Well-Known Member

17. Glassjaw Active Member

My once swashbuckler now brigand is Omence on AB.
  18. Jucilie New Member

Thanks.
    My swashbuckler is Jucilie on Valor and i play this charakter since the 15th March of 2007.

@Katanallama
    Only WDB and autoattack? :D
  19. Katanallama Well-Known Member

For stat balancing? Yea pretty much focused on auto attacks. I still cast my CAs tho! Get some baby dps from em and the debuffs / procs. Reminder being this thread is about single / low add count mob dps (Vulaks / temple raid zones), there are enough Swashbucklers bragging about doing 12 mil parses in Fabled Halls of Fate lol.

If you have some parses with more of a potency / abil mod setup in Edifice / Maw please feel free to post with breakdown! Would be interested in seeing them.
  20. Katanallama Well-Known Member

I'm not too proud of myself, but here's Lord Feshlak's parse with my gosh darn Steward Cloak equipped for the entire fight :( Could have done at least 5.2mil dps with the extra 15.5 flurry, but oh well go go 76% flurry trigger avg.

[IMG]

Also, it finally happened... It only took some 5-6 years but I actually used Sleight of Hand for it's intended purpose in raid tonight... Pris de Fer, sleighted the coercer and instantly used evasive maneuvers with neither of us dying after their pet died.
    Prissetta, Livejazz and konofo like this.