How to search for guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by santargria, Sep 2, 2014.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me how to search for a guild - when I look at the guild list - I only get a list of 4-5 - doesn't seem like I'm doing something correctly.

I'm looking for a specific guild, but I can't find a search feature

Thanks in advance
  2. Dethdlr Active Member

Other than "/who all Guildname" which will bring back a list of characters that match the name of the guild who happen to currently be online on the same server and not anonymous, I'm not sure you can do much guild searching from within the game.

If you're looking to search outside the game though, you can do that through the Guild Search page at EQ2U.

Hope that helps.
    santargria likes this.
  3. Xaiveir Active Member

If you are looking for a particular guild use the Guild search function on EQ2U as Deth said. Probably easiest way to search. Otherwise if you are looking for the guild webpage, you can usually just go to a search engine, type in the name of the guild with either the server and EQ2 at the end. That should bring it up.
    santargria likes this.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Thanks - yeah I use that site often, but it doesn't really solve the problem does it? In fact it creates more effort than just a simple search feature in game like the one used to find players.

I mean really, why would I want to go outside the game to find a community within the game? Just doesn't make sense to me - of course I'm grateful for the sites that pick up the slack and lack of foresight from within but that's a whole 'nother story :)

Sounds like another of those "missed opportunities" from the dev team.