How to Obtain a Prefixe and Suffixe Title Guide

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Joramilea, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Joramilea Guest

Many people are out there asking about titles, how to get them, where to get them, and what quests give them. As new titles are found I hope to keep this guide up to date as I possible can. Any updates people can give me will be added to this guide to make it the fullest guide on titles we can.

Thanks to the people who visit the quest forum, more information has been filled out. I have decided to move the post here in the forum it belongs in. Maybe other people will be able to help fill out some of the missing titles.

I hope this guide answers the questions.

Q. How do I get a surname?
    A. The only thing you need to do is reach lvl 20 to obtain a surname.
    type /lastname (name) to recieve it.
    Once you use this command you will have a lastname and there is no way to not show it. *rumor is a new command will be avalible once a week to change your lastname*

Q. How do get the title before/after my name?
    A. If you have obtained a title either threw slaughtering, questing or /claiming it will be avalible for you in your persona.
    open up your persona and then pick your title from the drop down lists.
    [IMG][IMG]

Q. How do I get the Hunter of XXX Title?
    A. To gain access to these titles you need to kill a certain number of mobs. There are many different titles for cetain mobs.
    In order to see the number of kills you have you can head to the wanted poster in your local town. In Qeynos the poster is located in North Qeynos just inside the Antonica gates on the post to the right as you enter the city. I need to location for the one in the Freeport area, I can't find it.

Kills - Title - Suffix
    25 - Killer
    100 - Initiate Hunter
    250 - Accomplished Hunter
    500 - Master Hunter - Hunter of * - displays title
    1000 - Initiate Slayer
    2500 - Accomplished Slayer
    5000 - Master Slayer - Slayer of * - displays title
    10000 - Destroyer of * - displays title

*Mobs that give titles
    Everquest 2
    Elementals
    Fairies
    Gnolls
    Gobblins
    Orcs
    Undead
    Vampire
    Desert Of Flames Titles
    Djinn
    Naga
    Cyclops

The LOC for the one is North Qeynos is ***** just inside the Antonica Gates.
    The LOC for the one in Freeport is 79.24, -20.48, 13.75. It's just a couple feet south of that location, the steps to EFP and the Militia House should also be in view to your left and right respectively.

Here is the North Qeynos Wanted Poster.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Q. I heard Heritage Quests give titles, how do I get these?
    A. Heritage Quests give titles for completing a certain number of these quests.
    Treasure Hunter – Complete 5 heritage quests
    Lore Seeker - Complete 10 heritage quests
    Relic Keeper - complete 20 heritage quests

Q. I have completed my 5th heritage quest, how do I get my title?
    A. You need to talk to the Sage in your local town.
    Qeynos - Seek out Sage Indis Surion in the Mage Tower in South Qeynos (yellow light)
    Freeport - Seek out Sage Naravius Orvalis in the Academy of Arcane Science in North Freeport

Q. People are running around with gods names after there names, how do they get these?
    A. For people who played Everquest have items they can claim. One of the things they get to claim is a Server Title. These titles are of the servers from Everquest. If you can claim this title and have not yet the game reminds you when you log on that you still have items to claim by typing /claim in game.

Q. I have completed several Lore and Legend quests, do I get a title for these?
    A. To this date there are no know titles for L&L quests.

Q. How do I get the "of the Shard" title
    A. comes from completing the Deception quest from Lord Nagafen in Solusek's Eye.

Q. Are there any other titles in game that I can recieve?
    A. City Writs award titles. You must have good enough faction. the lvls of faction are: warmly, Kindly, Amiable.
    After doing alot of reading I have a work in progress list of the tier lvls for each.

These are all with ONE faction only
    Tier 1 Warmly = 125+ writs = Cost 96s
    Tier 2 Kindly = 263 writs = ?
    Tier 3 Amiable = 395 writs =

Q. Is there a way to check my faction?
    A. In your persona there is a tab that you can click to check your faction standings.

[IMG]

Q. Where do I buy my City Writ Titles?
    Qeynos Area
    Ironforge Exchange - Vendor *Its at the bottom of his to buy stuff*
    Celestial -
    Concordium -
    Qeynos Guards -
    Tunarian Alliance -

Freeport Area
    Academy of Arcane Science -
    Coalition of Tradesfolke -
    Dismal Rage -
    Freeport Militia -
    Seafury Buccaneers -

Q. What are the City Writ Titles?
    Qeynos Area

Celestial - North Qeynos

1 Disciple, 2 Apostle, 3 Missionary

Concordium - South Qeynos

1 Novitiate, 2 Chronicler, 3 Exalted
    Qeynos Guard - North Qeynos
    1 Squire, 2 Private, 3 Seargant-at-arms
    Ironforge Exchange - North Qeynos
    1 Crier, 2 Envoy, 3 Commission Deputy

Tunarian Alliance - Eldar Grove

1 Naturalist, 2 Pathfinder, 3 Outrider

Freeport Area

Academy of Arcane Science - North Freeport

1 Neophyte, 2 Archivist, 3 Thaumaturge

Coalition of Tradesfolke - West Freeport

1 Courier, 2 Interagent, 3 Commissioner

Dismal Rage - North Freeport

1 Devotee, 2 Acolyte, 3 Blight Sage

Freeport Militia - West Freeport

1 Imaginifer, 2 Tesserarius, 3 Optio

Seafury Buccaneers - South Freeport

1 Mariner, 2 Marauder, 3 Corsair

*note* I would like to thank the Retired Relanor Elvenforge for gathering alot of this information for the city writ titles

Q. I have completed more the I can count on one hand Collection Quests, do I get a title for these?
    A. As we know right now there are no titles for doing collection quests.

Q. Do GMs give out titles?
    A. GM events have ended in titles for characters.
    Some titles that have been reported
    The Conqueror title (as well as the Protector title) was given out by GM's during the live events leading up to the release of "The Bloodline Cronicles"

Q. I am seeing the title "Hero of Kugup." How did they get this?
    A. This title was given to people who freed Mithaniel Marr's chosen ones a playable race for everyone on their server. Congratulations, Ascendance, of Neriak for being the first to free the spirit of the frogloks

Q. Did people who cured the plague that made us all sick in 2005 get a title?
    A. The player who cured the plague for each server got the title XXXXX the Apothecary.

Q. Do guilds get titles depending on their lvls?
    A. As a guild lvls up certain perks become avalible to them. At lvl 30 the first set of Nobility Titles become avalible.
    834k status and 1.5 plat. *The title is tagged as fabled, and looks like a coin on the vendor. You dont get a certificate or anything for your house, or even an item in inventory.*
    Male: Freeport: Ritsar, Qeynos: Sir

Female: Freeport: Dame, Qeynos: Madam
    These are prefixes, not suffixes.

Q. Are there any titles from Desert of Flames?
    A. Yes, Reports are coming in that there are new titles for the expantion Desert of Flames.

Q. Where are these titles coming from.
    A. Arena titles:

100 wins in the arena = the Contender
    250 wins in the arena = the Triumphant
    500 wins in the arena = the Victorious
    500 kills in the arena = the Combatant
    1000 kills in the arena = the Assailant

Destroyer of Gobos
    Special Thanks
    Special thanks to those who helped gather some of the information in this guide.

**this is a work in progress till we have as much information on all the types of titles there are out there for us to obtain!**

Message Edited by Joramilea on 10-13-2005 06:42 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-spider_512 Guest

Nice post

Already know a lot of it but it was good to be reasured

Thank you for posting about the city writs ( i did not k now that )

Thank you agnin for a good post

5 stars
  3. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

Nice list. Thank for posting it. It will come in handy for those who are interested in titles.
  4. ARCHIVED-67thRiggs Guest

Amazing post
    would have given you 10 points :smileyhappy:
  5. ARCHIVED-Vilnus Guest

A quick question on the city writs part:
    Are you restricted to doing writs for only one faction? When you finish a writ, the faction it was for goes up, and the other four go down. So if you wanted to get a title from faction X and have done 30 writs for them, but you have also done 20 or so for faction Y as well, does that mean you have to make up for the 20? Or could you do 125 for each of them, and get all five titles?
    Very informative and helpful post too!
  6. ARCHIVED-BigRedWood Guest

From what I've seen and experienced, you cannot lower a faction low enough that they would no longer give you writs. The best course of action is to run and grab the writs from each person, then complete them all, wash/rinse/repeat.
    Message Edited by BigRedWood on 04-19-2005 11:32 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Rendakor Guest

The first Prefix for freeport academy of arcane sciences is Neophyte.
  8. ARCHIVED-kling3r Guest

The wanted poster in freeport can be found in West Freeport, on the north-east corner of the execution plaza (across the gate to North Freeport).
    image included here:
    [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Blackfoot_cof Guest

*smacks head* so thats how do you it, i thought you could only get them on the newbie isle

Thanks!
  10. ARCHIVED-Cahan Guest

Nice post.

- The glvl 30 male Freeport nobility title is 'Ritsar' not 'Risar'. It's Russian (I think) for Knight.

- Vampire is currently bugged, the ' , Hunter of Vampires' is only selectable as a Prefix, thus making names like , Hunter of Vampires Johnny, Hunter of Orcs possible. Looks kinda stupid ^^.
    Message Edited by Cahan on 04-21-2005 01:17 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-markdevox Guest

The way I understood that question was in context of needing higher faction to get a prefix title. If you just keep doing all four then that might prevent it. Unless you go kill mobs "out there" whilst exping that increase faction anyway. For instance my Seafury Buccaneers faction couldn't get any better and thats from killing ordinary non writ mobs. So presumably over time you could still keep doing all four writs as you level up and will eventually just get the titles once you've done enough as long as your faction is fine with all your writgivers.
  12. ARCHIVED-spider_512 Guest

I say someone with " of the nest" how did he get that i dont think it was a EQ1 server when i asked him he had no idea
  13. ARCHIVED-Cromicon Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Martiz Guest

So killing greys that yield no exp still count towards your total? Sorry for the newb question, just landed in Norrath :smileytongue:
  15. ARCHIVED-Nephtu Guest

Yes, you will ocassionally see someone level 6 on IoR killing scads of Goblins, they're going for the title right off the bat.
  16. ARCHIVED-Galandoulf Guest

Yay thanks bunches for the post, ive been wondering for weeks how to get those!! but darn about eq1 server names, those are the best hehehe
  17. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

Good post!

thought I'd add something... the first person on each server to complete the Plague quest gets the title "The Apothecary".

As is shown on this image
  18. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

Ohh and if your having trouble clicking on the sign in Qeynos, try mousing over the bottom right hand corner of it.
  19. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

Madam?

Ooh, that's horrible.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

======================================================
    Academy of Arcane Science - North Freeport

1 ????, 2 ????, 3 ????

Coalition of Tradesfolke - West Freeport

1 Courier, 2 Interagent, 3 Commissioner

Dismal Rage - North Freeport

1 Devotee, 2 ????, 3 ????

Freeport Militia - West Freeport

1 Imaginifer, 2 ????, 3 ????

Seafury Buccaneers - South

========================================================

Are these only writs to do in a guild? I've done several quests for both Dismal Rage, and Freeport Militia, but never knew you obtained a title, could you elaborate a little more on this area. Do you only obtain these titles if your a member of a guild, can you get them solo?
    Sorry if the question sounds newbish....
    Just the guide appears to jump around a bit..........could just be me too...LOL