How To Make Old Zones Attractive

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think it would still be nice if they would cut the amount of players required to fight the avatars down to a single group and salt those as well. There are many of us that would love to fight the avatars but we cannot get a full raid willing to do them for the rewards they offer even though a lot of the items are unique.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Soara2 like this.
  2. Kheldar Active Member

After everything else was FUBAR'ed beyond all possible repair, I loved bringing up toons through the old zones, just as they are. No need to change anything prior to ToT. The sad issue is, everyone, even newbies to EQ2, want to rush right to the end-zones, without anything behind them... no lore, no fun, no enjoyment.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

We do that because so many of us have played and re-played the older content so many times on so many alts and so many servers that it has just gotten old. So we play end game now because it is new.

We are trying to discuss how to make older content attractive to end game players.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

I hated when they deactivated all the underground FP/Q quests, and now you only can do drop quests and a handful of NPCs down there. They got rid of a lot of quests in Gfay when they 'streamlined' everything, too. Taking quests out of the game is such a ridiculous thing to do. What harm is it leaving them in (unless you flat out delete the NPCs instead of moving them)?
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Nukester Member

Make it to where you don’t need to go to a chronomage to mentor done. So you can go to zone to zone with out having to be stuck at a level until you can go back to the chronomage to change levels. Or if you’re just passing through a old zone and see a named mob you never got, you’d be able to mentor down right then and there.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

I think this is an excellent idea. I hate going to a zone and then remembering I haven't mentored down, or I'm doing a zone for the first time, and I grey out the mobs before I have had a chance to finish the quests. That's happening with me in Sinking Sands. I'm trying to do all the things the zone has to offer but about half the mobs are already greyed out. Right now I'm trying to go to the guild house, to mentor down, but I've been waiting 2 minutes for the server to wake up.

I can't believe how clunky playing EQ2 is compared to FF XIV and ESO. It seems like every time I zone, in EQ2, it takes a ridiculously long time. Despite this, the devs seem to love making us have to zone constantly. I really began to think it was my system and Internet connection till I started playing other games and haven't experienced any of the difficulties I've had playing EQ2.

So being able to mentor down, anywhere, would be a real help. People might even start finishing zones before moving on to the next higher area.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Not me. I like to explore. I've done the 'Explore Antonica' quest on several characters.
    Cyrrena likes this.