How to make BGs amazing...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Exur, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Exur Well-Known Member

BG Gear is free... free for you to purchase and customize how you desire your character to be.
    BG Gear is only usable on BG server.
    Add BG ranking system.

Nagafen PvP.. if it still exist will fight with PvE gear or our own version of PvP gear that is purchased via tokens.

In my opinion, this makes BGs fun, competitive and fair. It shouldn't be about grinding out tokens for gear. It should be about killing targets that have all the opportunities and gear you have.... then when you kill, your "name", not your gear gets recognized. This is a model taken from more successful games like GW2, but it works... far better then this current system. Nobody wants to grind out gear in BG matches.... This is a place designed to let skill and coordination shine... not gear.
  2. Liav Well-Known Member

If Kander jumped on any of this in addition to the warfield changes you mentioned, I might file a change.org petition to make a giant statue of Kander outside of the Daybreak HQ.

Edit: Also, we need a mount that is BG specific that doesn't suck, so we aren't forced to PvE for a mount.

nerf beastlords
    Ishtara likes this.
  3. Liav Well-Known Member

P.S. Please remove Balance of Theer.

KILL IT WITH FIRE
  4. Exur Well-Known Member

This model is only for BG server. Nagafen and TLP PvP servers are about gear. You're not grinding for gear on OpenWorld PvP servers, you're obtaining gear by means of PvE and fighting PvP targets when they get in the way. Or you're hunting PvP targets trying to obtain gear by means of PvE... or you're hunting PvP targets hunting you. It's glorious!

Anyway, back to the BG server. Make it so and find others ways to reward BG players other then tokens. Stealing another idea... but appearance gear only available by participating in BG matches or Warzone?!
    Liav, Fetish and Ishtara like this.
  5. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I would re-sub in a heart beat if this was implemented. I stopped subbing because I don't have the time for a gear grind and even if I did have the time, the gear disadvantage and getting constantly stomped is enough to turn most people away. I grew up on Nagafen so I don't mind disadvantages but it is not appealing to new players. If you rid of the grind and gear disadvantages both new and old players will return.

Edit: I'm specifically talking about BG's
    Fetish and Ishtara like this.
  6. Fetish Well-Known Member

I think you just came up with the only possible way that would make BGs worth anything...and solves so many problems.

Bluebies would get to PvP against each other in awesome gear. They would get to point to a leader board and say how awesome they are. This would also serve as a place for the people that say they are "hardcore PvPers and don't want to do anything that isn't PvP" as it would give them nothing but PvP...no need to bore themselves with any of that silly questing or traveling tuff in open world PvP.

Red server players would get the red server back to what it was before someone threw a big stinking pile of poop on it. The open world PvP players would have an open world PvP server...not a server that is "grind BGs forever, then log in here to find that you don't need to do anything, and there isn't even anyone to do it with as they are in BGs".

DBG should hire you...and fire that guy who thought BGs were cool.
    Justbecause likes this.
  7. Liav Well-Known Member

Interestingly I've suggested Battlegrounds-specific appearance gear in the past too, and another thing that I always loved were progression based titles.

Not sure if you ever played Dark Age of Camelot, but seeing high realm rank players with their rank titles would always cause you anxiety.

"Saracen Dragon Knight" (rr10)

You know you're going to get ripped on your rr3 if you see someone with that title. Lone Enforcer was always a scary title too, but it wasn't visible to enemy realm members, and was prone to alt farming given the nature of earning it (solo kills).

Realistically, gear progression is pretty unimportant to people when it comes to these structured PvP formats. What's more important is having a wide variety of options to mess around with.

I'd say the fact that auto attack stat sets (DPS, Attack Speed, MA) have been rendered useless and most people just stick to their cookie cutter Max HP gear, as well as cookie cutter AA specs. This kind of stagnation sucks, but this is a much deeper issue with EQ2 that can't really be addressed for Battlegrounds specifically.
    Ishtara likes this.
  8. Liav Well-Known Member

BGs are cool. Arena-style PvP is cool. Open world PvP is cool.

BGs were implemented in a way that is flawed, and the implementation is what needs to be targeted and changed, as opposed to the concept altogether.

I could just as easily say that open world PvP sucks because of all the extraneous stuff that goes along with it. I play BGs primarily because I have no interest in the extraneous. I just want to murder.
  9. Fetish Well-Known Member

I would whole heartedly agree with you, if what you are inferring by "flawed" and "implementation" is that they should have only been connected to the blue servers. ...or that if they must be connected to the red servers, then they are not the source of gear for the red server.
    Siren likes this.