How to level once 100 (w/o PoP signature quests)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by BobLoblaw, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I was not attempting to bypass multiple expacs worth of content, nor did I even know that said problem existed until I'd checked the forums this AM. Most of my crafters have been at or above 110 for years. I'd just picked a toon to level this AM and it was 100. In the past, I've usually done the full TS timeline on my mains, then only enough of it to get the new books on alts.

My point was that I already have at least 10 max crafters. Even with Max Vet bonus, a potion and all the goodies on, it appears that I'd have to do this full crafting timeline and I might get to 110. I'm not really so inclined to test it at this point, but I thought it might be harsh for those without all the goodies and Max Vet Bonus.

That said, thanks for the clarification.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Denmum Developer

It is the concern about being "harsh" that I am commenting on, specifically. It should be enough even without all the goodies and max vet bonus to get to 110. It just isn't expected that it will get players further than that anymore. This "should" be the plan with any expansion's tradeskill signature line at this point - that it will get you through the xp needed for that expansion, but not rocket you way beyond it if you are backtracking to older content.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You're teh boss, but I liked the old way better.
    Lateana and Kittybock like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When PoP was first a thing, I'd heard so many horror stories about it that I decided against it, period (got the CE just for the goodies there, but on sale ;->), even though, yes, if you do the entire TS questline, you're pretty much guaranteed to get to 110, as intended (isn't that usually the case with the expacs? Sounds reasonable to me /shrug). I only focused on my six main Carpies in each of my six servers (all four US servers, Public Test, Thurgadin), and used the various CE Tradeskill Tokens (why none for the recent expac(s) except in the "give it to someone else! You can't use it yourself!" max-priced edition? Please say that was a bug...) I'd saved up and purchased ones from the Marketplace (which I hardly ever do) to just boost my Carpies up to TS 110 or 120 and not have to deal with it at all. X-P

But it is good to hear that things have been modified and tamed down from the ghastly mess it was! :) I may even go back to my other level 100 toons and try that, but only once their adventuring levels are 110 and above, still. (sigh)

Uwk
    who remembers the good old days, when you could still get things accomplished with crafting even if you were still Tier 1 in adventuring, so long as you were careful... :-/
    GrunEQ, Kittybock and Pixistik like this.
  5. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Good morning, Uwk!!

Yep, what brought this up was I was trying to level one of my toons that I'd moved from Nagafen PvP to IoR. I'd moved all my mains back to AB years ago, so thought it would be nice to have a couple additional crafters there, especially a carpenter and a tailor. Did some writs, then headed back and did the AOM stuff which was fun.

Then, I looked up which to do next and was like OMG, not PoP! I remember when it came out I did it on one toon, then only enough to level the rest of my toons sufficiently. Never planned on going back, honestly. Not slamming it...it was just one of my least faves in the game. My hubby used a CE edition to get past that point :)

I'd not thought about checking the broker for the tradable CE editions. I'll have to check. I've got tons of plat. Thanks for the idea.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The "tradable CE editions"?? :eek:

I thought they'd given up on selling expacs for in-game currency like a decade+ ago, on the advice of their accountants...?

You're welcome... ;->

Uwk
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Not sure what they're called...the ones that come in Family and Friends editions :)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! Yeah, the ones with all the extras you can gift, got it. /nod :)

Uwk
    Kittybock likes this.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

I returned a month ago. And my alts are all still level 100 (except for two). It was painful getting to 110. I will never do that again. RIP my (now) useless alts. Even if they were 125 there's WAY too much stuff to do now. I miss having useful alts. I wish they would put in a 1 per character level up thing with the next expansion. The one per account is not enough. Especially if you play on multiple servers. Maybe the $70 pack. And give them quick access to master spells. Guilds are all hoarding them. The market is empty and they never drop! Hopefully they consider merging Antonia Bayle soon (another reason why the market is empty). It's dead. : (

Edit: I'm sorry this is the tradeskill thread. Please disregard.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, if the part that was painful about getting to 110 was for the tradeskill part of it (my every sympathy, though I will try again at some point), this is the right place, no worries. :)

And I LOVE your idea about levelling tokens... ;-> Even one per server would be better than one per account, and I do think the one per character would give the poor devs allergic hives, if not the accountants. :-/

Uwk
    Kittybock likes this.
  11. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

What!! Why??? I know I'm late to this party, but I loved that sigline! It was a real achievement getting a level 20 toon thru it! (sooo unlike almost every other TS sigline which are just tedious run back-and-forth box-ticking exercises, for the most part :().

So the XP has been nerfed as well? Hmm. Well... what about a challenge version of the sigline, with the old kill-you-dead at a glance mobs, and (some better fraction of?) the old XP? Then everyone is happy. Especially me...
    Lateana, Twyla and Pixistik like this.
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Market is empty because they put restrictions on it, AND with some of the changes that has been made to force people into a longer grind more people have left for greener pastures.
    While the idea of a token is a good one, I think you will find that many of the folks left are not willing to part with more of their money when there are better ways of shaping the gaming experience than to throw money at it.

Take for instance the way the expansion is being marketed, there is no125 tradeskill token unless you purchase a $250 pkg, there is no celestial Healer merc with the upgraded packages. I mean for real, what is someone going to do with a celestial wizard?
    Its just more of the same.

The changes are not very user friendly to folks with a bunch of alts, but if you spend money you can skip the frustration... thats what its all about now.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The main issue I have with the Broker (I presume is the "market" we're talking about) isn't the 50,000,000 plat limit (more power to the devs for that! Amen!), it's the stupid "take everything down after 30 days" nonsense. THAT'S the issue I'm having with finding stuff, I think. There will be enough people content with a "merely" 10,000,000% mark-up on their items or so to continue to offer their wares on the Broker, but if they can't keep them there all the time, that will be discouraging, for their customers as well (/raising_frustrated_paw). :-/

This isn't WoW, where (the last I knew) everyone knows they only have 72 hours, tops, to keep things available, so if you need something, you'd better look for it as soon as the "market bell rings," which is basically like on Friday night, EDT; there is NOTHING during the week, last I checked. :-/

Uwk
    Pixistik likes this.
  14. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

We do disagree on the pricing limit, but yea, the 30 day limit is a load of rubbish as well. The only upside to the changes is the poor coding that relist stuff at 0c if you happen to have things in broker boxes when you hit to relist all. I have sent a few folks their stuff back by mail but still find it funny
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

My opinion is that the game basically ended for all my characters who aren't already 125 in trade skills. I don't know which TS questline was more horrible, PoP or Luclin, though I appreciate the dev(s) who spent time coming up with these quests. It was a little much asking an adventuring dev to come up with appropriate TS quests so I understand why the quests are more adventure oriented then usual. If they did nerf PoP, hopefully it wasn't by too much as it is a bear of a TS line unless you are 120 in adventuring.
  16. Denmum Developer

The mobs in the crafting instances were made non-aggro at the same time to make it easier for the squishies.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

That's fantastic. Maybe I'll do the quests after all. I just had a hard time trying to look for the mats and watch out for the mobs at the same time. Finding the mats was tricky enough with my eyesight.