How to get pets to "stay" in the current x,y,z position

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Dextria, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Dextria Member

When I tell pets to stay, they will stay in the X and Y positions where I leave them, but if they're on top of something else, they'll move to the floor when I leave the house and come back.

Here is one example. This hand was placed on the piano keys, but when I came back, it was on the floor. I did some testing, and if I place it on something more "solid" like an ice block, when I leave and come back into the house, it will be inside the ice block on the floor.

[IMG]

Anyone know of a solution to this problem?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. JesDyr Well-Known Member

You cant .. they wander because they are pets. Much like everything else, their state is not saved when a zone closes and they will return to the original position when the zone is loaded again.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Drat. Hence the requests we've had for quite some time for a "leash" or a fence/wall that actually works, or something to keep the li'l buggers in line. :-/

Uwk
    Karrane likes this.
  4. Shadrac Well-Known Member

If you give them the command to "stay," they will not move in the X and Y directions, but they will move in the Z direction to the floor. Always. Why? Why not freeze in X,Y, and Z?
  5. JesDyr Well-Known Member

oh .. yah .. same reason mobs can walk through walls ... poor collision detection for mobs.