how to get ice comet

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-ricksan33, Oct 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-ricksan33 Guest

In 8 months of play ice comet has never been on the broker. (Or big ice nova)
    The only way to get it is to farm it off a level 50 named. I am level 59 now so kill a level 50 named should be EZ and he should still be green to me. But I can not find a good one to camp. I want 1 that has a low pop time.

How did you all get your ice comet M1s?
  2. ARCHIVED-BlackAdderDrop Guest

I never had Ice Comet master 1. However, its upgrade Ice Nova I do have. I would worry about Ice Nova and forget about Ice Comet since it is not an end game spell.

-Acelia
  3. ARCHIVED-Didi Guest

Likewise - this seems to be a very rare spell and VERY pricy if you ever do see it on the broker! I just had a nice sage to make the Adept III for me. Ice Nova at 70 replaces it and you are very lucky to have that one already!!
  4. ARCHIVED-wckronus Guest

Dont worry bout Ice Comet, get to lvl 70 asap and farm Nek3 like there's no tomorrow and you'll get it one day, I had to buy my Ice Nova, very costly
  5. ARCHIVED-ailees Guest

I saw Ice Nova on the market ... 240 PPs !
    ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-Jayingsoo Guest

lol! Nek3 FTW! You may of course get 30 shadowknight/assassin/brigand/ranger 70 masters before nova, but as for comet, don't even worry. adept3 did me well until 70. And whatever you do, don't buy it. It's up for 190 plat on my server at the moment, just be patient and farm nek3 as though it's the very essence of your life. you'll get it within 2 months =D /sarcasm. But good luck nonetheless! Best wishes to finding it!
  7. ARCHIVED-Cineo Guest

I bought my Ice nova master for 108PP! So another option is to save and buy it when you see it on the broker. Usually people will take 100p for it or so.
  8. ARCHIVED-Carlidon Guest

In what damage ranges do we talk for ice nova M1? my wiz comes up fast so i want to know if its worth to keep and save it for my wizard or if i just take the plat from selling it and get some adept3 later. :D
  9. ARCHIVED-Cineo Guest

For Ice nova master 1 with 8 ranks in brainstorm I believe for me its ~7500-~9766 damage I can ususally free hand it over 12k and crit it for about 20k.
  10. ARCHIVED-3C HAVOK Guest

The only place i have ever seen ice comet drop was in the heroic instance of SP and it droped twice there for people in my guild, Im sure it drops off other mobs but that is where i saw it.

As for Ice Nova I know it drops off the level 70 trash in POA i have heard it drops in Nek 3 and I know it drops of DT Trash and Namers in DT. (dt trash is where i got mine)
  11. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

Got master 1 ice comet in the war room in clefts. Out of like 100 times killing the named there we ended up with only 2 masters and one had ice comet. That was over a 4 day period of constant killing.
  12. ARCHIVED-Timbersky Guest

I know that Ice Comet master drops from the Frograid in feerrott, got mine there once upon a time :) And some of my friends got theirs from splittpaw.. It droped rather frekvently there for a while.. Dunno about now, havnt been there in ages.

My beloved Ice Nova I got from trash in DT, and i can just say.. Its a beautie ;) so far it have done 24,8k dmg (of course with a brig debuff)...
  13. ARCHIVED-Darkflame2 Guest

I got Ice Comet Master from the Serpent in Sanctrium off of SS, if i remember right

I got Ice Nova Master off the last named in Vaults