How to get a pet?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-cautiosfighter, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-cautiosfighter Guest

I'm new. I wonder, how to get a pet?
  2. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

Only certain classes are allowed to own&control a pet, for expampel elementalist, beastlord, necro. A few more, but not that much at all.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

Depends on the kind of pet you mean

There a pets for a given class as stated above and there are also house pets you can buy from pet merchants.
    Then there is the marketplace - you can get house pets and pets to follow you around. My personal favorite is the pet Terrorbird hatchling
    Oh and not to forget during special events like we just had there are pets from quests like the pumpkin and I think there are some other regular quests but not to sure on that one it's to early in the morning

So that's all I know about pets
    Edit: There is Quaker Yig how could I forget! When you get to Steamfont there is a quest for a mechanical duck :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

Ok, did foget those pets ;)
    Back in the day, there where smal drakes ^^ (Still there, not so easy to obtain ^ ^)
  5. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Zergosch wrote:
    Elementalist? Is someone reminiscing?

--EDIT--
    OK. Not having played EQ1, I just assumed that's where Elementalist was coming from. After double checking on that, now I have no clue.
  6. ARCHIVED-cautiosfighter Guest

Okay, thanks for the information. That means some pets are from quests and some NPCs sell them?
  7. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

cautiosfighter wrote:
    Yes, thats correct.
    I play on german server valor, i dont think that elementalist is something unknown to eq2.... or i´m that wrong by now ^^
  8. ARCHIVED-Xandare Guest

the EQ1 'Mage' is what your thinking of when saying Elementalist.
  9. ARCHIVED-cautiosfighter Guest