How to fix Bruisers... (( Long Rant ))

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Corydonn, Jan 8, 2014.

1. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Sure thing sir.. I think we runnin it Sunday so will let ya have the numbers. However, I would like to know your group setup for raid as well if at all possible. I usualy run with a Mystic / Fury / Dirge / *** / Illy so not a crap ton of Mit Buffs in the group that I know of. I will however be dropping my Overcharged Potent shoulders " the mit ones " for the block ones as soon as a leather set of Engergized drops :( .
  2. Genghes Active Member

Accursed Sanctum [Raid] - [25] 9:15:08 PM | All - [55:22] (2/15/2014) 9:17:21 PM | Genghes | Incoming Damage
    Type Damage EncDPS Average Median MinHit MaxHit Resist Hits Swings ToHit %
    All 103,233,222 31,075.62 57,963.63 27,854 0 1,518,988 All 1,781 4,790 37.18
    slash 13,753,685 4,140.18 233,113.30 211,299 105 889,200 slashing 59 1,180 5
    crush 8,575,237 2,581.35 204,172.30 198,157 836 443,566 crushing 42 749 5.61
    pierce 1,891,500 569.39 118,218.80 137,522 34,497 230,326 piercing 16 1,102 1.45
  3. Genghes Active Member

I cant get it to look correct when posting it. Max hits from top down and hit rate are as follows, all 1.5 mil 37.18% hit, slash 889k 5% hit, crush 443k 5.61% hit, pierce 230k 1.45% hit.
  4. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Yeah, if drop it into a table first and then post it, it should work.. but unfrotunately, we ended up clearing Labs / Djinn / PK on sunday instead of AS .. but as soon as we do, I'll get those stats up :).
  5. xkrisx Well-Known Member

NVM .. table option is working either .. oh well
  6. Mendelvian New Member

This really has me scrambling! I thought the cap for uncontested block was reached much easier than the cap for mitigation so I went all mitigation armor. Basic Google research showed me that if the mit cap is (150*level) then the mit cap for VD would only be 15,450 for the level 103 bosses.

I am currently running 13,400 mitigation for a monk so that is very easilly buffed to 15,450. Considering changing to block chance when I get the potent legs and chestpiece. Have run VD 3 times to completion so starting to gather the armor tokens if the correct ones don't drop.

Would it be good or OK to be way above the cap in case the mobs do mitigation debuffs? Then even with the debuff you have a good chance of still being over or near the cap.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

It's not 150*level. It may be for non-heroic mobs, but not heroic or epics.

Based on some numbers run in another thread on here, around 1800 is getting there for epic 103 mobs.

Always good to have the ability to go over if needed, but it's all about comprimise for stats. If you're at 1800 mitigation but you have 200dps mod and zero block it's probably not as good as 1700 mit and max uncontested block and 600dps. It all depends on how easy you are to keep alive and hold aggro, and getting that balance.
  8. Genghes Active Member

You want to have around 20,000 mit buffed. 14,000 will cap you on a lvl 95 for every level above that you need about 800 extra miy per level. As a brawler 11-13k unbuffed is ideal and shoot for about 150 block. In the numbers I posted I'm at almost 140 block and 11.1k mit
  9. Mendelvian New Member

Thanks for the information. I kind of thought that 150 additional mit per level was kind of low.

As for block chance many of the mobs (that matter) in this xpac seem to have such high strikethrough... This kind of makes me think that maxing out block chance isn't as critical as in the past. I have not done the side by sides with ACT so can't tell for sure. Most interesting would be the last boss in VD.

I do have the charm with defensive oath which gives 15% block chance for 30 seconds. Perfect for when inner focus, tsunami and bob/weave are down.

This is Erunfu on the Oasis server if anyone wants to check out the stats on EQ2U. If logged out of game gracefully I will be wearing my 'severe tank mode' gear.

Having plenty of arcane leg/chest 'tokens' I might do experiments on block versus mit with those 2 pieces. If I do will post results here.
  10. xkrisx Well-Known Member

I have played around a little bit with stats and compared Block vs Mit and so forth and I can concur that as a Bruiser I can sit around 12.5k Mit Self Buffed and take a very marginal difference in damage compared to the 13.8k Mit. My basis for comparison is comparing VD runs with the same group setup. I know this isnt 100% Concise but its the best I have to work with lol.

I am currently only sitting at 125% Block Chance but that will go up another 8% when I swap out my Potent Shoulders for Energized Shoulders. I am also running the 2 Hander from the Collection quest and that has vastly helped with balancing out some stats. As for other stats, I find it hard to maintain 60% Strikethrough / 15% Accuracy and still get 600 DPS .. I managed to reforge enough stuff around to get 500 DPS " well 498 " but in my full tank gear, its nearly impossible. I have given up on 100% AE Auto and just kept Crane Flock, I have dropped down to 110ish Haste, and run 100 MA. I hold agro perfectly fine, I DPS quite well, but I do find myself in oh **** moments more often then I would like. I am revered as a damn good tank but still feel like I am subpar compared to other tanks that are played equaly as well.

Now, if I was a Monk lol, I may not have the couple of AOE's that Bruisers have but I would have 50% innate ST to work with and that would free up ALOT of reforged stats to put into DPS / Haste and such. Or maybe I should just roll a Palli and move my Jewelry over :) ..

One determined Bruiser
    Regolas likes this.
  11. Strac Active Member

Now unbuffed at about 11.5k mitigation, 55% uncontested block. Reforged to 80% Strikethrough leaves me with 40 dps, 80 Multi, 180 Haste. Pretty much every slot is consumed by a +mitigation item, unless only block was available.

An since our Paladin is terrible and the SK hates MT'ing, this still makes me our guild's MT, but with above mentioned stats i am forced to have a dirge, coercer and assassin in group to achieve minimal hate gain required for halfway solid aggro. There's still the usual peels in first 15 sec from brigand and summoners who can't learn to control their pet, but it all still feels like so much more work compared to my Guardian alt. Much worse geared, yet aggro and spike dmg much easier controled.

Unless there's a fundemantel change in the loot generator, i don't see a very bright future for Bruisers and eventually monks.

This entire nonsense where the leather and plate tanks get the identical stats on their gear has to go. The current system heavily favors plate tanks.
    Regolas likes this.
  12. finum New Member

I tanked Dom until the scorcher and we did about 6-7 pulls and gave up. One shots galore. I need to bump my mitigation up some but I still do not think that will past muster. My bruisers name is Deimne if anyone wants to see my build. 800k+HP ungrouped and 24k+avoidance. Mitigation needs work I think.
  13. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Okay, Finum, your bruiser needs some serious work with adorns and reforging.

I'm not sure if its a display bug, or something, but your profile shows you with zero multiattack and a DPS mod of only 132. That's not good. Your multiattack needs to be around 115 or so, and you should have your DPS mod near 450-ish. You have reforged into too much hate mod, you're self-buffed over 100%, which means any outside threat buffs you may receive would be wasted (the hate cap is +100%). I recommend getting your hate mod to 70%-ish and leaving it there.

Your adorns need a total retool. Dump all your Defense whites, those are useless. Purple slots are too valuable to spend on Health, as well. Put DPS or Hate mod in those slots. For the love of Quellious, get that Riposte rune out of your gear and replace it with literally anything else. Get Smoldering Adornments of Avoidance for your neck slot (6% uncontested parry). Gossamer Deflection is useless when you're tanking, since all AoEs will be direct against you. That rune is only useful for an off-tank, and even then it's dubious. Plan to replace that when you get a few more pattern drops.

Okay, and on to AAs. I am a monk,. so I will only comment on the trees we share.

Brawler Tree
    Remove all points from Monkey Dodge, Deflecting Pincers, and Eagle's Talon. Contested avoidance skills are worthless.
    In fact, remove all points from the Int line, the whole thing is garbage.
    Max-out Crane Twirl and get Crane Flock, that will allow you use reforge all your AE Auto on your gear into something better. Crane Flock is really all the AE Auto you need.
    Max out relentless Punches and Claw Reversal in the Str line. You need Block Chance and DPS mod.
    Max out Mantis Star, max HP debuffs are uber. Make sure to maintain it for the entire fight.
    Take the points from Eagle's Patience and put them into Tiger Reflexes.

Heroic Tree
    Drop all points from Lightning Reflexes and put them into Critical Genius. You have more than enough reuse on your gear.

Dragon Tree
    Put 10 points into Ancient Advance, it turns your taunts into some of your highest DPS abilities.
    Drop all points from Last Stand and max out Ancient Focus.

I don't really know why I felt the need to do all this, but I certainly hope it helps you! We brawlers have to stick together!
    finum, Luhai, Malleria and 1 other person like this.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Some easy to get (cheap to buy) mit pieces you haven't got are:

The Fabled Souldevourer (1h to replace knucklers)
    The Fabled Glistening Pouch of Jahnir (range)
    Fabled Chipped Ivory Mask (charm)
  15. Genghes Active Member

Bruisers can tank Dom. Its not that hard. Did Bruisers get the short end of the stick... yes. Sure you have to be more selective on gear, but you can still perform.
  16. Epixz Member

I just came here to ask :
    who the hell thought it was a good idea to swith impentrable will and martialpoop? i know monk got bob n weabe swapped too but this makes no sense.
    glad i quit long before whatever is the latest adventure pack
  17. Andy1 Active Member

Really? I'm sorry but what was the point of your post? Cheese man and others have at least contributed to this thread by offering advice on how to deal with the short end of the stick as you call it, while your thread comes off as I'm better than you without any real info to back it up AA/gear/rotation wise.
  18. Genghes Active Member

I forgot to add the reply from regolas's comment about fact that a bruise has not tanked it on his server. Not once did I say I can do anything. And in previous posts on this form I have stated how one can improve themselves. Currently xkriss and I are working in seeing what works better for a bruise on handing incoming damage. Nice attempt.....
    Andy1 likes this.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

Of course I'm not claiming it can't be done. It's just so much harder and requires so much extra gear to make up for the mitigation handicap that brawlers have. Bruisers are the most handicapped due to temps/abilities less suited to last named in Dom.

Impossible? No. Much, much harder than a plate tank? Absolutely.

My zerker did it with 2-3 pieces of non-mit armor.
    Genghes likes this.
  20. Genghes Active Member

Couldn't agree with you more