How to craft after lvl 100

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Slayan, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Slayan Member

Returning player, I am Subbed. My crafters are level 100 . I have done the quest that starts on Mara and takes you to Thurg, but what quests do i have to do to get exp after level 100? Any help please
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  3. Slayan Member

thanks for the heads up, I missed some info, I can do writs but I dont get any exp from them like when your capped
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You do get xp, but the amount is tiny, compared to the amount you need to level past 100
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They have to be level 100+ or the amount of xp you gain is far too tiny. The level 100+ curve for adventuring and crafting is HUGE, and only level 100+ crafting quests or writs were coded to make a dent in it.
    Breanna and Mermut like this.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Doing the tradeskill sig lines will get you from 100-120 very quickly - I think the PoP line got me from 100-117 (I did have potions running for 2 or 3 of the turn-ins, if I recall), then I jumped straight to the BoL line and had 120 by the second or third turn in.

One thing to keep in mind - if you plan on grinding city faction (i.e., Ironforge) via rush order and work order writs, they will become unavailable once you hit level 111.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Slayan Member

OK thanks, was wondering because I started with 0.2% and I did 25 level 100 rush writs and then 2 quest lines and I still have the same amount of exp
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you purchased the latest expansion? Unless you have PoP, CD, or BoL, then you won't be able to level past 100.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Slayan Member

I have all the exp except for the new one. Did the Vespy quest line and still no exp
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

If you have Planes of Prophecy or Chaos Descending, you should be leveling up.

Now, if you are doing older crafting quests, not the ones in the Plane of Magic/Myrist/Elemental Planes/Luclin, they will give you xp, but it's such a small amount compared to the MASSIVE amount needed to level 100-120, you won't notice much change in the percentage, you'd need to look at the actual number for the xp. For example an alt of mine is like less than 1% (I can see some blue now) over level 100, and has almost 1.5 million experience but I haven't done any of the newer quests with her, I was doing stuff in order.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Again, as I mentioned above, they HAVE to be level 100+ quests ... Vesspyr isn't level 100+

The PoP crafting line I linked above is the main way to get from 100 to 110. The writs will be a considerably slower way to do it, and they MUST also be level 100+. Level 99 ones won't do the trick. The xp curve changed WAY too much, so it isn't "no" xp, it is just "while this is enough to level you in the 90s, it is a drop in the bucket what what is needed for 100+".

So, as long as you are positive that you own Planes of Prophecy, you really, truly should be able to level up, but ONLY with quests/writs that were added in that expansion pack. Vesspyr won't do the trick, AoM won't do the trick, ToT and KA won't do the trick. They don't have the huge amounts of xp needed for the higher leveling.
    Twyla, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I thought I'd level up a crafter that was at level 100. So I'd started the PoP TS timeline.

• I have a 200% vet bonus, plus 100% potion, plus had full Vitality. Did the first step of the PoP TS timeline, A Stitch in Time Part 1, and did not even get 2 full TS levels.
    Based on the write-up it looked like I should have gotten at least double that amount. Has this been nerfed? In comparison to how quickly the TS timeline levels you in BoL, VoV, etc, this is unbelievably slow.

I've leveled several of my old TS toons to the point of getting the Obulus Garden and doing VoV, but wow, this is POP TS line is quite the time investment on any alt stuck at 100.

Thought I'd provide feedback and see if this is working as intended or if there is an alternate. The Writs at that level--as has been discussed in this thread--do not give meaningful XP.

The Note listed on the write-up at the end of Stitch in Time Part 1:

"Note: If you do this quest with 100% vitality and a exp potion you will get over four levels, so level 100 to 104 and a bit at the mid-point. If you use Adept Hands just before you turn in the rods to Varig Ro, you can reach level 110. If you're also wearing the Mark of the Far Seas you can make 115; a few max-level alts in the family will boost you even higher."

I did check the amount in log file that it was stated as giving, and that appeared to be correct, but at this rate it appears I'd need to do the entire questline just to hit 110.